Post Your Models! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Igor. I'm trying to find some more, but I lost around 1,500 to 2,000 or more transparencies due to smoke and fire damage some years back, and I think most of the model shots were in that lot !

I found a couple more from 20 years ago, although not very good quality images.
PIC 1. RAF Mitchell II, still under construction from the old Revell 1/48th scale B25C kit. The paint tin is taking the weight of the extended nose oleo whilst it sets. This was also given away when I moved house.
PICS 2 and 3. Another 1/48th scale Revell kit under construction, the B17F. This had quite a lot of scratch-built interior detail, plus modified nose windows. Brush painted, and hand painted nose art and code letters. Also given away.

Attachments

• Can Jan 446.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Can Jan 445.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 80
  • Can Jan 447.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 77
Nice ones Terry! I have that Revell B-25C on my display shelf although it is in need of a make over. I remember having to squeeze an awful lot of lead under the cockpit so it wouldn't tail-sit!

Thanks guys. Yes Glenn, there was a lot of lead up front, hidden under the cockpit and in the nose gear bay. The model was displayed 'unloaded', and the real aircraft tended to sit nose'high', with the oleo extended slightly. So I had to make the kit part longer, which really altered the C of G. Whilst the leg was setting the tail sat on the paint tin. You can just see a tiny gap under the nose wheel. Onnce set, the model only just balanced on it's nose gear, so it was eventually glued to the diorama display base, with a bomb trolly and ground crew, engine servicing gantry etc.
I'm planning to replace this with a similar scene using a Mitchell III (B25J) fairly soon.

Found a couple more.
The first is the old Revel 1/32nd scale P51B, finished as one of the Mustang IIIs which took part in the Shell House raid. A new windscreen and canopy were moulded, although the latter has yet to be fitted here, and the nose was re-modelled, with new exhausts and a spinner adapted from an old Spitfire Mk22 kit. This now serves as a 'hack' for testing paint on!
The Mustang IV is the old Monogram 1/48th scale kit, finished as the mount of Stan Farmiloe in April/May 1945, who also flew on the Shell House raid, although in a Mustang III on that sortie, and a great bloke. Brush-painted NMF, in 23 Squadron markings.

Attachments

• 2011-04-16_2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 2011-04-16_19.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread