Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's my Messerschmitt 410, an old 1/48 Monogram kit with Meng elements.

Attachments

• 20210430_221426.jpg
    20210430_221426.jpg
    733.7 KB · Views: 53
I've been beavering away on the Special Hobby 1/32 scale Westland Whirlwind. It's a new kit and it does pose some challenges, but overall it's very good and the result certainly looks like one of my favourite British fighters. It was so near but never quite made it once its engines were cancelled.

I've included a figure in approximate early 1941 flying gear for scale. This aircraft was struck of charge in March 1941 following a crash landing which badly injured the pilot (P/O Herbert Kitchener DFM). It had only been delivered to No 263 Squadron in January and had just 25 hours on the airframe, so no heavy weathering!

IMG_2582.JPG

IMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2585.JPG

I thought that was a photo of the real thing when I first clicked on the post. That is beautifully done.

Next off the line is ICM's new 1/32 scale Fiat C.R. 42 'Falco'.

It is built OOB with the addition of nothing more than a seat harness from Kits-World, one of the 3D printed decal ones, which was okay at best. It's finished in the usual Colourcoats from Sovereign Hobbies and because I wanted a really flat finish I used Winsor and Newton's matt varnish, it's the most matt that I have ever used.

PRQ.jpg

Starboard.jpg

SFQ.jpg

It's a very nice kit, ICM have certainly upped their game. Not that there's any choice, but if you want a large scale C.R.42 I would not hesitate to recommend this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back