Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys,, one more set from the other side.

Attachments

• Fw190A8 JG301_7514.JPG
    Fw190A8 JG301_7514.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Fw190A-8 JG301_7513.JPG
    Fw190A-8 JG301_7513.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Fw180A-8 JG301_7517.JPG
    Fw180A-8 JG301_7517.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 102
You are welcome SE.:)
If I've understood, you bought for 10$,yes? But the cost of a model doesn't determinate its quality.The Academy models are rather good.All parts of them are moulded clean without overflows,the stamp traces are visible on inner surfaces only or aren't visible at all.All engraved panel lines are sharp ,thin, and mostly at the places where thye should be.Rivets are also there where they should be visible.Assembling of Academy kits is easy and a putty and sanding are needed at the standard places ( top and bottom of the fuselage,leading edges of wings and transition between the wings and the fuselage).Decals have been the weak point of the Academy kits but these can be replaced easly by other decal sets.The main problem of Academy kits geometry and measurements.Of course it doesn't mean that all models of the firm have the same problems.If you compare the kits to other model makers ones it appeares they are really enough to make a nice model.Additionally, I can tell you that also the Hasegawa models aren't free of mistakes.Some month ago I bought 1:48 Spitfire Mk.IX/IXc kit.It is very nice model but its demisions are incorrect,the ICM model of Spit is much better with its shape.So don't give your modelling up,please.I've just started assembling P 51B/C of Mastercraft ( an old INTECH kit).The cost of it about 5$.I've met there the same problems like with the Academy Mustangs.

regards,

Thanks wurger. I should really get back to the mustang. I decided to have a little break but its not far from completion so you should see some pics soon. Also nice job on the 190 wayne!

I was looking for something else, and came across these pictures of a couple
of my U-control models. The first is a Cessna 180, with an OK Cub .099
engine in it. I wrecked it so bad I had to rebuild the fuselage. The second
pic show's it with a new paint job, less black paint. The third pick is of the
Cessna and a Northrop Gamma, also U-control. Both of these were built
about 1954, and are still hanging in my neice's basement in Riva, Md.
I could only afford one engine, so I swapped it between the two planes.

The wingspan on the Cessna was about 36 inches, and the Gamma about
30 inches.

Charles

Attachments

• Cessna.jpg
    Cessna.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Cessna1.jpg
    Cessna1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Both.jpg
    Both.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 123
Cool Charles,They look excellent.I have somewhere some pics of my Yak-3 line control model in progress I made in 80's.But could you explain to me "U-control" expression?:D

Here's my first 1:48 attempt. I've decided to move onto this scale, along with larger 1:72, because at the end of the day most 1:72 kits are too basic and fiddly. So here's my Tamiya 1:48 Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" 2nd squadron, 11thth air fleet, Philippines 1944

PB120775.gif

PB120776.gif

PB120777.gif

This kit seems to date from the 1970's, isn't full of detail but still goes together very easily indeed. You get the good old 'literal translation' instructions,for example I followed the option of having a plane that 'is to be in a state of staying on the land'. The other downside is the paint guide is very vague only stating dark green and grey. So I went with their own J.A Green and J.A Grey, but this could be wrong.I painted the pilot as well, but have never got the hang of painting people so that bit looks a bit naff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back