Post Your Models! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Admire, learn and build, doesn't matter how good you are, enjoy it!:D
There are no bad modellers only modellers at different levels....:D

Trebor, the professional modellers didn't get where they are overnight - sure there are alot of tricks to the trade, but the biggest part is practice, practice, practice!!!

Tatally agree with Wayne and Evan.

LOL yeah I know XD thanks for the advice, peeps. some days I just wish the damn talent would just appear. I don't even know how the heck I can do the black and brown crap (no pun intended) behind the exhaust pipes and just behind the machine guns.

Nice 262!

Trebor mate, like Evan and Wayne have said it takes paitence.

As far as exhaust staining goes why not get some cheap water colours or pastels and try with those. Once you get the hang of it its quite easy. if you dont like what you have done just wipe it off with a damp rag.

. I don't even know how the heck I can do the black and brown crap (no pun intended) behind the exhaust pipes and just behind the machine guns.

Try using some pastel chalk with a brush, Black some dark brown shades....

Put it on the matt paint before you Gloss so you can seal it. If its not right wipe off and start again, do it lightly and build it up. I use a few different brushes depending on the effect.

You can do it after your final matt coat as well.

here is a shot my Fw190A-5 showing some pastel black applied on the matt paint and then sealed with a gloss coat.

Ha. heinz mate we're on the same wavelength....

Attachments

• IMGP4902aa.JPG
    IMGP4902aa.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 88
that don't sound like a bad idea, I'll ask the hobby store clerk where I can find them next time. if anyone can give me step by step instructions that's work great (yea, I'm that thick, LOL)

Trebor, for exhaust stains I use coal dust (real carbon!) I dip my brush in IPA, then the coal dust, apply to the model at the exhaust and when dry I use one of my girlfriends soft make-up brushes to brush it out a bit (she'd kill me if she knew!!), I reckon it looks ok.

Some of them I've uploaded somewhere in the forum,Please , look at the PICTURE ALBUM/MODELS/AIRCRAFT gallery as well.Besides I don't have any camera :(

ALthough some of these pics in the gallery are signed by Administrator but in fact these are mine.PZL P-7a,YAK-23,P-51D,Spitfire MK.IIA,P-51A Mustang MKII.I think it was caused by a system failure which occured a year and a half ago.

OK. Here you are some shots of my RWD-8 in 1/72 scale.These pics were taken by my friend.

Attachments

• Rwd8.jpg
    Rwd8.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Rwd8_1.jpg
    Rwd8_1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Rwd8_3.jpg
    Rwd8_3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 101
  • RWD8_cockpit.JPG
    RWD8_cockpit.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 156
Good tips guys! I also use watercolours and artist's pastels (blacks, browns and dark greys, depending on the area I'm working) for staining, shading, etc, aswell as Chinese ink (black).

I also use some womén's cosmetic tools for modelmaking (..Ivett has to buy them though for me...I'm not THAT brave or crazy!!! :) ) - A long nail file stick for initial (rough) sanding of long straight seams (wing leading/ trailing edges, etc), some no-shine face powders for simulating mud on truck chassis' etc, and non-acetone make-up remover for smoothing putty joins -(apply to a cotton bud ('ear cleaner') and wipe the join while the putty is wet, saves a bit of sanding later)

Nice infos Evan her.THX for them.
But if you don't need to buy a box of sanitary towels you can go to a shop for these women's cosmetic tools and face-up it bravely.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back