PTO GB Extension.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
As there are a few people who aren't quite ready to finalise their entries for the PTO Group Build, including myself (!), the closing date for entries has now been moved back.
The final date will now be Sunday, August 9th.
Sorry to delay the results for those who have already finished, but I'm sure you'll agree that it's better to let those who haven't finished have a little more time, rather than rush and possibly spoil their models. There are at least four people in the same boat at the moment!
This will not affect the MTO Group Build, which will commence as advertised.
Thanks for your understanding,
Terry.

Cheers old boy! My Corsair F4U-4 is 99.9% finished, just the canopy to get ordered and the other two lassies to get finished off as well....

Good call Terry, as Im one of those fellas in the boat without a paddle, thanks for the life preserver....

My canoe is at the bottom of the creek and I'm standing on it just my nose above water. I seroiusly cannot finish or start anything until this frickin' move is done. I'm barely on here now as it is. Aaarrrgghhh!!

I feel for you Chris, it's a right Royal pain moving at any time, let alone in a hurry. We can maybe keep it going longer, as the MTO build will be underway anyway. See how you (and others) go, and we'll take it from there.

My canoe is at the bottom of the creek and I'm standing on it just my nose above water. I seroiusly cannot finish or start anything until this frickin' move is done. I'm barely on here now as it is. Aaarrrgghhh!!

If you can't make it Chris, please keep going and get it done anyway with updates! We still want to see it posted as ***Finished*** in the PTO regardless mate!

I would like to make a suggestion if I may...
Since there is a number of excellent models in this GB which might not be finished until official deadline and we all know that modeling in a hurry isn't recommendable, maybe the judges could consider to extend PTO GB all the way to the end of August. At the same time MTO GB would begin as planed on 1 August. This could be one time thing or maybe it could be considered for all future GB to last effectively 4 months with last month of one GB to be at the same time first month of next GB.
For example, that would mean that MTO GB would last until 30 November and "Heavies" GB starting on 1 November, effectively running in parallel this two GB during November.
Of course purpose of this would be to allow members to finish their models on time and in the same time to allow those who already had finished their entries to start new ones in next GB.
Anyway, just some thoughts on the matter...

Last edited:
That's good thinking Igor. This sort of parrallel running was mentioned when the GB's were first discussed, and I think it might be a good way to ease the 'strain' on those entrants who are rushing to finish in time.
I certainly have no objections, and if the other judges agree, and the members think it's OK, then I dion't see a problem, and the rules can be adjusted as neccessary.
Over to the judges/members for comments.

Please Note!
Please note the addition in the 'Important - Group Build Update' thread, concerning future Group Build duration.
Thanks,
Terry.

And one for my Aussie friends! Diorama anyone?

DSCF0009-29.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back