PTO Build Choices

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Go for it Chris! :thumbleft:

I was going to go with a bare metal Jug for this GB, but I think I want to build something blue, that Wildcat Jan got looks NICE! 8)

saveing up for an F4F-4 wildcat or an FM-2

Would they have the bar either side of the roundel Evan? I'll have a look to see what I've got that might fit. I know I have some in pale blue and some in dark blue, but they're mainly 1/48th scale. Let me know what you need, and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks Terry!
To my knowledge the Hudsons carried the straight overpainted RAF roundel, the barred version first appeared on the Venturas. I don't know the measurements as I've never seen the decals in question, but I'll try to work out an estimate size from available photos. (Actually I don't even know which unit letters are supplied!) Will have to do a check on the net...

Thanks again mate!

Found this on Wiki - copyright to the world. It says it was with the RNZAF during '41 - '43. Would these be what you are looking for?

Attachments

• 800px-RNZAF_Lockheed_Hudson_MoTaT_2007.jpg
    800px-RNZAF_Lockheed_Hudson_MoTaT_2007.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 32
Yep, great find Chris! Our first Hudson's were received via the RAF, and thus initially carried standard RAF roundels. They were soon overpainted in the B/W/B style as seen on our Corsairs and Kittyhawks (minus the bars).

I'd like to do one in th pacific scheme as per NZ2013 and NZ2035 on this site: RNZAF Lockheed Hudson Survivors

Will try to sort out some measurements for yas.

Cheers!

Been trying to get info on the Airfix decals. Seems only the latest issue kit (Mk.III) has the RNZAF (and RAAF) markings, these being for NZ013 YZ-R of No.4 GR sqn, RNZAF. No pictures of the decals so I don't know how accurate they are.

She'd be interesting to do though, as I worked in the hangar where they were restoring the real '13 during my last days in the airforce!

OK Evan. Don't think I've got any plain Blue/White/Blue roundels the right size without bars, and doubtful on codes/serials, but I'll check and let you know. An approximate diameter for the roundels would help though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back