Quotes and Jokes (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When I cool down enough to write what went wrong yesterday I will cover the background to this idiotic poster in my local hospital. According to the Queensland Health Conditions of Hospital entry if you have any illness you should stay away from hospitals so you cannot infect anyone else.

This is the sign that greets you as soon as you enter the Emergency Room and before you get to talk to the triage nurse.

1690001410479.png

When I cool down enough to write what went wrong yesterday I will cover the background to this idiotic poster in my local hospital. According to the Queensland Health Conditions of Hospital entry if you have any illness you should stay away from hospitals so you cannot infect anyone else.

This is the sign that greets you as soon as you enter the Emergency Room and before you get to talk to the triage nurse.

View attachment 730706
I can I think, beat this in real life. I worked in a hospital where my clients were the medical and other staff of the hospital. Soon after joining I had a client who really wasn't well but would not go ill because that would take her over the allowed days off sick and she couldn't afford the loss of pay. Then she said something totally unexpected, 'but I might come in and see my manager'. I asked her why and she said that if the manager believed that she was really ill, he could agree an exception. This made no sense to me as a doctors sick note should suffice so at the next team meeting I asked if someone could clarify the sickness policy.
The team consisted of five people all with considerable experience in hospitals.

I outlined the above to them saying it seemed to be the policy for people who are ill, to come to work to prove that they were ill, and get an exemption. They all nodded and confirmed that this was the policy.
I couldn't believe this and stated to them ' so the policy for a hospital, is for people who are ill, should come to a hospital, to prove that they are ill.
Again they all nodded and said 'Yes its the policy'. Dumbfounded, I asked if I was the only one who could see the obvious problem with this, and guess what, they all nodded again and said Yes its the policy. Then the team leader asked me what's the problem, its a very clear policy.

At that point I gave up. About six months later, guess which hospital was put into special measures due to infection control issues.

I can I think, beat this in real life. I worked in a hospital where my clients were the medical and other staff of the hospital. Soon after joining I had a client who really wasn't well but would not go ill because that would take her over the allowed days off sick and she couldn't afford the loss of pay. Then she said something totally unexpected, 'but I might come in and see my manager'. I asked her why and she said that if the manager believed that she was really ill, he could agree an exception. This made no sense to me as a doctors sick note should suffice so at the next team meeting I asked if someone could clarify the sickness policy.
The team consisted of five people all with considerable experience in hospitals.

I outlined the above to them saying it seemed to be the policy for people who are ill, to come to work to prove that they were ill, and get an exemption. They all nodded and confirmed that this was the policy.
I couldn't believe this and stated to them ' so the policy for a hospital, is for people who are ill, should come to a hospital, to prove that they are ill.
Again they all nodded and said 'Yes its the policy'. Dumbfounded, I asked if I was the only one who could see the obvious problem with this, and guess what, they all nodded again and said Yes its the policy. Then the team leader asked me what's the problem, its a very clear policy.

At that point I gave up. About six months later, guess which hospital was put into special measures due to infection control issues.
There was a similar thing in a Woody Allen movie "Take the Money and Run!" Woody is holding a pistol and trying to rob a bank. He points the pistol at a cashier, hands him a note, and demands money but the cashier tells him that his holdup note must be approved and initialed by a bank vice-president. Incredulous, Woody asks why and he is told "I'm sorry sir, it's our policy." :)

View attachment 730706
This was something specific to the likes of COVID and was introduced for good reasons.

This is an actual incident that happened to my Mom back in the early 1980's.

She and some other folks from her office were in a restaurant in Columbia SC having lunch when one of the men said, "You know what? That guy over there looks a lot like Tony Bennett." Don, one of the other guys from the office, turned and looked and said, "That IS Tony Bennett! Hey Tony!"

Tony Bennett turns around and says, "Hey! Donny!"

They were from the same neighborhood in NYC. Tony had sung at Don's sister's wedding.

I outlined the above to them saying it seemed to be the policy for people who are ill, to come to work to prove that they were ill, and get an exemption.
Some years ago, in an attempt to get government civilian workers to stop using so much sick leave at Tinker AFB, the Air Force announced that taking just one day of sick leave was not acceptable, since it was impossible to be sick for only one day. As dumb as that sounded, it was even worse, because being sick on a weekend and only taking one day off on Friday or Monday was not acceptable, either.

I usually work from home, but I had to go into the office on Thursday. One employee came in obviously very sick, and even said they felt sick but could not afford to waste the PTO.

Pissed me off to say the least. Get the hell out of here. Don't get me sick, or my family. If you are sick stay home.

I could dive into this further, but then I would violate forum rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back