RCAF CF-104 'Starfighter', 1/48th scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks George and Jim.
I'm curious about the hoses too. I spotted them ages ago, but forgot to get some, so I've ordered a couple of packs of each of the various sizes, to check them out.
I'll post details when (If !) they arrive - they should have been here earlier this week, so if they don't arrive by Friday, I'll chase them up.

Terry, found another good pic of 771 on the CF-104 Facebook page. Unfortunately the top of th etailplane is not visible but I'm guessing it's bare aluminum.

10492433_865703263458557_99464500245720634_n.jpg

Thanks Andy, great shot!
The other aircraft in the line-up certainly appear to have bare metal tailplanes, and I'm guessing the pic was taken in Canada, before deployment to Europe. The bare metal leading edges are visible though.
Having closely studied the original 'Kodachrome' slides from my brother,when projected onto a large screen, the tailplane was definitely white at that time, November 1964, when at Prestwick, so I'll leave it as is.
Hoping to get back to this very soon, and finish the few areas needing completion.

Thanks Luis, very nice of you to say so !
I'm intending to get back to this soon, and get it, and the Danish version finished, before the disappear under too many layers of dust !

I am sure that it will Terry !!
If you can not, we can find a good version of the desert, to seize the dust ...( :pale: joke )
...you'll make sure that it looks tremendous !! :blackeye:

Un abrazo compañero y colega :thumbup:

LC

Yep, and the real '771' is now collecting dust, ice and bird cr@p, on a plinth at Aalborg !!
!
Like so many others. The P-51 I built for the Aces Group Build ended up flying for the Dominican Republic (Post war warbirds GB idea there, already designed the decals!) and is now stuck on a post outside their airbase down there.

Better stuck on a post than turned into alloy ingots I guess.
And who knows, in another ten, twenty, thirty years or whatever, they may be removed, replaced by plastic replicas, and restored to flying condition, or at least to really good, static display condition - as happened here in the UK with, for example, Spitfires used as 'Gate Guards' around the country, many of which are now flying again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back