RCAF Starfighter, 1/48th scale - Part Two

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps. Got back early this evening, with only one minor mishap, easily fixed. But torrential rain all the way there and back.
Pity, as I wanted to get some photos of the scenery whilst there.
The van needs a couple of minor jobs attending to, but is in great condition, and better than I thought overall, especially for its age.
And it's got a bar, TV and DVD !
I'll get some pics done and post in a separate thread, hopefully some time tomorrow.

Nah, mine's a single story version !
More '104 pics soon - didn't get anything done today, as I'm feeling slightly fragile after yesterday's antics, especially after leaving the club at what I thought was 01.40 hours - I forgot the clocks went forward at 01.00 hrs !!!
Here's a quick pic of the camper - I'll post more in a new thread, elsewhere, sometime tomorrow.

Attachments

• Camper 1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 78
Thanks Brian, it's much appreciated.
Haven't got much more done so far, apart from a start on the gun and gun bay, as I'm working on the Stirling diorama, in order to meet the May deadline and the Veteran's Day event.
Back soon with more on the Danish and the RCAF '104s.

Thanks Brian, it's much appreciated.
Haven't got much more done so far, apart from a start on the gun and gun bay, as I'm working on the Stirling diorama, in order to meet the May deadline and the Veteran's Day event.
Back soon with more on the Danish and the RCAF '104s.

Fixing silvering is fairly simple most times. With the decal flat, I place a drop of setting solution over the silvered part and then prick the surface of the decal with a very sharp needle in one or more spots, depending on the size of the area that needs to be repaired. An immediate wipe down of any excess solution prevents unnecessary reaction with the decal. This works even after clear coats have been applied.

Yeah, that silvering appeared after I'd sprayed the matt clear coat !
It only shows up at certain angles, and isn't as bad as it looks in the pics. Having clear coated the entire model, I can't do the pin-prick and Micro Set thing, so I'll carefully paint over the affected areas.

Thanks Andy, I'll give it a try when I get back to the model.
Just realised I only have five weeks left in which to complete the Stirling and the diorama base, before taking it to the museum at Godmanchester on May 16th, so I need to concentrate fully on that, as there's still quite a lot to do.

Users who are viewing this thread