Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Through a fellow modeller from town who was cleaning out his stash a few kits have been added to my stash for a nice price.

The revell (ex-Hasegawa) 1/48 D3A Val (the revell rebox is a good deal, even more so if bought second-hand)

The Hasegawa 1/72 Zero type 22

I'm due to start work on the Zero for a Japanese groupbuild on a different forum. I'll open a thread here as well. Should be fun to make a ragged looking Zero out of this.

In addition a set of decals for my revell 1/72 HE-177 came through today from Hannants as well as a set of Eduard masks for the clearparts of the 'Greif'

Last but nut least, after my recent MiG-3 build I wanted to do another one of the early Russian fighter that held the line in the desperate days of 1941/1942. I terms of shape I don't like the famous Polikarpovs too much, but the LaGG-3 seemed like another interesting subject.

Last edited:
If I couldn't justify the kit, I don't think I could start filling our nooks and crannies with kits. It's bad enough having the next three/four GB kits hanging around. "Oh, I see another little jewel in your pile, something new"?????? Yeh right!

Got this big brute at the museum today!

1/48 F-111.....for 10 dollars. I'll take it thank you very much.

Attachments

• IMG_2147.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2151.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 73
Nice one H. Always fancied doing one of those as they might have looked like in RAF service today. (We were going to get them in the late 1960s, but it was cancelled).

The original RAF scheme would have been Dark green and Ocean Grey disruptive upper surfaces, with Light Aircraft Grey undersides, a bit like the Phantoms originally were. If still in service today, they would probably have progressed to a 'wrap around' Dark Green/Dark Grey, and then possibly overall mid grey, like the Tornado GR1/GR4.
Got me wanting to do one now !!

Users who are viewing this thread