Regia Aeronautica Bf 109 G-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi, while I'm going on with the Veltro, I also started a new project based on the kit in 1:32 Hasegawa released some time ago.
The idea is to replicate this bird:
3645c-vi.jpg

3645b-vi.jpg

3645a-vi.jpg

As usual I started with the pilot office
DSCN1358-vi.jpg

DSCN1359-vi.jpg

DSCN1360-vi.jpg

DSCN1361-vi.jpg

Seat, seat belts and gunsight are still missing
The cockpit kit is from MDC while the bw photos are from the 150GCT website.
http://www.150gct.it/
Cheers
Alberto

All those greys Al make her look a slender bird ;) Cheers

Hi guys,
I have a question about my cockpit.
On the second picture from the top, you can see that I did some cabling on the left panel in yellow.
I did so because I've seen other modelers doing the same but also some yellow cables are shown in this G-6 picture
G6cockpit-vi.jpg

taken from Aero Detail no.5.
But this is a restored bird so ...
Does anybody know if this color is correct or, instead, which color should I use for those cables?
Thanks in advance.
Alberto

Alberto, the yellow, both in electrical cables and pipe work, signifies fuel. Therefore on the left (Port) wall, the yellow cable is the solenoid connection from the throttle lever, which would also normally have a yellow band around the grip. On the right (Starboard) wall, the yellow is the main fuel feed pipe from the tank, behind and under the pilot's seat. The cable visible under the instrument panel on the Starboard side is a brownish yellow, being a main electrical trunking.

Alberto, the yellow, both in electrical cables and pipe work, signifies fuel. Therefore on the left (Port) wall, the yellow cable is the solenoid connection from the throttle lever, which would also normally have a yellow band around the grip. On the right (Starboard) wall, the yellow is the main fuel feed pipe from the tank, behind and under the pilot's seat. The cable visible under the instrument panel on the Starboard side is a brownish yellow, being a main electrical trunking.

That's great, tank-you!
I was positive on the yellow color for fuel pipes but I didn't knew that also related cabling was in the same color.
Thanks again
Alberto

Hi,
a little step forward on this model too.
Installed the cockpit inside the fuselage and added part of the seat belts

DSCN1383-vi.jpg

DSCN1378-vi.jpg

replaced supercharger and and oil radiator cowl with resin parts from Eagle edition
DSCN1379-vi.jpg

DSCN1380-vi.jpg

Cheers
Alberto

Hi,
I did some progress in the mean time, the bird has been almost completly assembled and given the "German" camou plus the white wing tips; here are the photos:
DSCN1400-vi.jpg

DSCN1410-vi.jpg

DSCN1401-vi.jpg

DSCN1404-vi.jpg

DSCN1408-vi.jpg

DSCN1405-vi.jpg

DSCN1406-vi.jpg

Next step will be to add the over-painting Italians did in order to add their own insignia and marking.
But I have a question for the Luftwaffe experts: I did the camouflage on wings using masks as I'm convinced that in those areas separation between colors was neat, is it correct or I should have done it free hands as I did on the fuselage?
Every comment/suggestion will be very welcome.
Cheers
Alberto

Foot note: the canopy is the p.e. one from RB Production.

Looking good Alberto. Far as I know, the edge demarcation, soft or hard, would depend on the factory that built the aircraft, so both could be acceptable.

Hi,
this is going to be a replica of a WNF made machine but I don't know if that means hard or soft edge demarcation.
I found several photo of this bird but, unfortunately, none of them clearly shows wings camou.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back