Regia Aeronautica Bf 109 G-4 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As far as I know, the above mask was used by field staff to spray R.A. roundels on German machines only (may be on captured French Devoitine as well)
Factory fresh planes had roundels with full outer ring.
Alberto

Hi,
I'm here again with a few pictures of the bird after contrasting colors have been tuned down a bit:
DSCN1501-vi.jpg

DSCN1503-vi.jpg

DSCN1504-vi.jpg

The light on the photos doesn't show clearly enough that there is now a yellowish fade on white elements, while it seems quite evident the change
on the "Gigi Tre Osei" insignia and that wing fasces aren't black any more but a more realistic dark grey.

For refernce here is one of the previous fotos
DSCN1473-vi.jpg

Nexy step: weathering!
Cheers
Alberto

Hi,
this model is finally complete,
Here following the first shots, some more to follow hopefully tomorrow.

DSCN1525-vi.jpg

DSCN1526-vi.jpg

DSCN1527-vi.jpg

DSCN1528-vi.jpg

Any comment or suggestion to improve my modelling is very welcome, as always.
Cheers
Alberto

Hi,
here following are some additional photos.

To start, I would like to show that, after research and with support of Italian expert, I found that the almost vertical antenna wire was in every 109, so I added it. Also, I painted off-white the insulators

DSCN1547-vi.jpg

DSCN1546-vi.jpg

then other details

DSCN1544-vi.jpg

DSCN1543-vi.jpg

DSCN1542-vi.jpg

DSCN1540-vi.jpg

DSCN1537-vi.jpg

DSCN1534-vi.jpg

DSCN1555-vi.jpg

DSCN1554-vi.jpg

DSCN1548-vi.jpg

DSCN1551-vi.jpg

DSCN1550-vi.jpg

Cheers
Alberto

Very nicely done Alberto. Since you asked for opportunties for improvement, I will offer that a bit more time could be spent on the upper wing to fuselage seams and on the joint of the windscreen to the fuselage. It is a very nice model though.

Hi,
many thanks for your suggestion.
In the case of the windscreen, it came-off while I was peeling off masking tape an the new gluing wasn't as good as the first.
I should have noticed this :oops::oops:

DSCN1401.JPG

About wing seems, on real bird photos there is a neat joint line between upper wing and fuselage, but mine is too evident, you right! I take note for the future.

Thanks again
Alberto

Looks pretty good Alberto, I like it!

If I may, a bit too much splatter /overspray with your mottle, you can see a lot of very small overspray, thin your paint a little more and vary your pressures to achieve a finer pattern....practice, practice practice! If you still get some of the overspray during this process you can run a real thin spray of the RLM 76 in between the mottles to reduce the splatter effect and this will help blend the colours a bit more, but it needs to be done carefully, sometimes a minor respray of the primary colours helps this blending process too. Hope this helps!

Looks pretty good Alberto, I like it!

If I may, a bit too much splatter /overspray with your mottle, you can see a lot of very small overspray, thin your paint a little more and vary your pressures to achieve a finer pattern....practice, practice practice! If you still get some of the overspray during this process you can run a real thin spray of the RLM 76 in between the mottles to reduce the splatter effect and this will help blend the colours a bit more, but it needs to be done carefully, sometimes a minor respray of the primary colours helps this blending process too. Hope this helps!

Many thanks Wayne for your comment, really helpful! Will see with the next model if I have learned something or not.

Also, I must say that photos are very good to catch details and/or defects that are hard to be seen at naked eye, at lest for me.

An other example is about the shadowing on the rudder's fabric.

DSCN1537-vi.jpg
DSCN1540-vi.jpg

I realized that after posting my photos, so I tried to improve with some dry-brushing:
DSCN1557-vi.jpg
DSCN1556-vi.jpg

May be not yet perfect, but a lot better, at least to my judgment!

Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back