RENO 2008! HERE I COME!!!!

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
28,075
8,777
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Location
Colorado, USA
As many of you know I was a part of a pit crew last year at Reno that had to deal with a race fatality. I thought I would never return to Reno but today I was asked to be part of Mike Mangold's pit crew! He's flying a "Viper" L-29. If his name sounds familiar Mike won the red Bull Races a few years ago. Here's his site.

Mike Mangold

I'm so excited I could just ****!!!!!!!

Wish me luck guys - I'm back in the "Big Leagues."
 
Awesome... The Reno Air Show is a must see... but I'd like to see it from your vantage!

Are you staying downtown?
 
Thanks all - will take pics as time demands - don't know where I'm staying yet, I'll let you all know should some of you wind up there!
 
UPDATE!

We had some airplane issues, they are behind us - the plane is supposed to be ferried from Delaware to Reno next weekend - I'm supposed to meet it there next Sunday and spend the next day preparing it for the race. If I do make Reno I'll give you guys updates and take exclusive photos.

I know there's a little apprehension in my post - in dealing with things like this I don't take anything for granted - when I'm there with the airplane is when I'll say I'm an official Reno participant.

I'll update you guys when and where I can!


-FBJ-
 
Be safe and have fun Joe! wish i was there:( oh well take lots of pics:D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back