Revell B-29 Superfortress 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Please please please show us a pic of what 'aluminum dope' brand/container you use and where one might find some. That is some of the best aluminum "paint" I have seen and I want some.

So do I have it straight that you did not use aluminum foil? Or does that come later?

Please please please show us a pic of what 'aluminum dope' brand/container you use and where one might find some. That is some of the best aluminum "paint" I have seen and I want some.

So do I have it straight that you did not use aluminum foil? Or does that come later?

Hear, hear Matt. I also want some here,here.

Geo

Ahoy Fellas
Thank all of you ayou guys are the greatist, I can do that I will post the bottole of my Areo gloss silverair Dope these dopes can be purchased in any hobby shop if not try Penn Valley Hobby Center. with the event of other methods these dope finishes in butrate and nitrate are almost exstinct. but there still around alot of us old time school builders still have a great supply and demand for them.. I will post the magic in a bottle stay tuned fellasw. and a hardy thank you for your reply on my Superfortress.
Boats

Looks absolutely fantastic Boats, bl**dy awesome!! :notworthy:

Is that paint water or oil based, hopefully water, then I'll definitely get some!!

What's next, a B-24? *nudge-nudge* :lol:

Ahoy
Before I begin I would love to weish each and every person here on theis here forum that they had a wonderfull and safe Thanksgiving and peace in the world. Also a Hardy Well done thank you for all of your replies on my B-29, Turkey time is over now tis B-29 time..letting ther aluminum paint dry for a couple good days its is dry to touch and ready for the paneling. useing silverair aluminum and black I mixed up a dark shade of the aluminum te panels were masked and the mixture was airbrushed on the model letting this dry I went ahead and installed the four engine cowling units in palce, the four Hamiliton Stanmdadr props were painted black letting these dry and the yellow cuffs will be painted next. After this post i will start adding the decals I* should have this beast finished by Tuesday and i will get started on another. Here is the update for the night more tomorrow.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 119
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 117
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 113
  • PICT0019.JPG
    PICT0019.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 134
  • PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 112
  • PICT0021.JPG
    PICT0021.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 143
  • PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 114
  • PICT0023.JPG
    PICT0023.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 114
  • PICT0024.JPG
    PICT0024.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 126
Fine work! I am always amazed at how quickly you do these.

Ahoy
I always was a fast builder a flaw of my charactor, I should slow down but I spend alot of hours a day in my builds I just keep going.. On this build its slowing down due to touch ups and painting and other things. thanks my man for the reply I should have another post update in a few.

Boats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back