Shinpachi's 3D/CGI World

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh, was it, Aaron?
It was so hot in summer with the strong sunshine when I was a kid too.
Attached shot is for you - A mist tube in front of the Osaka city hall.
An attempt to make people feel coolness with the minimum water

Take care!

I know this might sound stupid, but I never thought Japan got very hot...perhaps it's just an idea I got somewhere along the way, but Japan always seemed like a cool climate to me.

Also agree with VB, that building does have great architecture!

Thanks, vB and GG for enjoying my photo!
The building is Osaka branch office of Bank of Japan.

It is usually rather muggy than simply hot in summer here as the sky is always cloudy but
the sky is clear this year!!
I love the sunshine though

It's 'our' type of cold here chilly and days hovering around 12-15C

Thanks Wayne for your climate information.
The temperature seems not so low as the refregirator's but please take care of the health of you and your family.

My sketching work goes on.

I'm going to search another photo for you, Lucky!

Attachments

• R-3350_front_screenshot00S.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 98
This is MIKOSHI - a miniature shrine for the summer festival in my neighborhood.
The second shot shows another Mikoshi on its parade.

Please enjoy, Lucky
Thanks!

Thank you, vB and Aaron, for enjoying my work, including some photos.
Please visit Japan once, Aaron. I love Osaka above all because people are familiar and optimistic.
IJA soldiers from Osaka were said famous for not fighting seriously. I love them

Attached photo: An old building beside the river.

Thank you, Gnomey!

Here are seven shots of my neighborhood - Shinsekai(New world).
The first five were taken in May. The rest two were in July.

As my CG modeling always takes time, introducing photos at the same time may be a good idea to connect topics though I don't necessarily have so many.

Please enjoy.
Thanks!

PS: Sorry. The fifth shot shows Nipponbashi - the largest electric/electronics products town in Osaka.

Last edited:
Shinpachi, does Sumitomo have a shipping company also? It seems that I remember seeing a large building along Interstate 464 near Portsmouth, VA with a large amount of shipping containers around it with that name on it

Shinpachi, does Sumitomo have a shipping company also? It seems that I remember seeing a large building along Interstate 464 near Portsmouth, VA with a large amount of shipping containers around it with that name on it

I guess those conainers were of Sumitomo Corporation which is the largest trading company in Japan.
Sumitomo Group has no specific shipping company.

Sumitomo originally came from Osaka. Please see the photo. There are still many Sumitomo buildings.

Thanks!

Very cool, and thanks for posting pics of your home town!

You are welcome, vB.
I'm glad if you are enjoying my photos too!

I remember now - there are many low-priced hotels in the south of my home town.
Average staying cost is less than USD 20 a day. There are many young back packers coming from all over the world.

But you must take care - almost their front gates are closed past 23:30 or 24:00 in the midnight because of security reason.

One night, I came across a couple of English men wondering around a hotel. They were in panic as the gate had been closed during they were enjoying drinks outside. I immediately understood their situation, so asked -

"You stay here?"
"Yes...."
"You can use the back door. Follow me."

They could sleep on the bed, not on the road, well that night

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread