Shinpachi's 3D/CGI World

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys very much for your so kind comments again!
My CGI work was once introduced in some aviation magazines and TV but not for five years at all.
There are many good talented young creators who can do job much better and quicker than me:)
Also, I am not necessarily good at keeping up appearances of my work in appointed time(wow!).

As for the aircrafts modeling, that is not my job any more.
I do not want to have less time for researching and modeling details as I used to be an engineer for an aircraft parts maker - a subsidiary of Sumitomo Metal Industries, once a devision for the Zero's propeller blades and now producing the landing gears, hydraulic devices etc for jet fighters. So, I always want to model my CGI aircrafts with an engineer's eye even if that may be out of popularity.

I am already satisfied enough with introducing my clumsy work in this honourable ww2aircraft forum and wishing to have my CGI enjoyed as much as possible by such good well-experienced aircrafts experts like you all here post by post, day by day. I am frankly so grateful your so friendly honest evaluation here. I admire your kindness too.

By the way, I have found out that the H8K had the double flaps for STOL.
Please enjoy. Thanks.

H8K2_21image30R.JPG

Last edited:
Shinpachi, your CGI aircraft have always shown a higher quality and a detail that rivals even the most current CGI rendered in Flight Simulators (and your I-400 submarine project is awesome!)

As far as your engine CGI is concerned, I have yet to see anyone's work come near the detail of your renderings!

It's always a treat to see your current project's progress!

I have to agree with Dave also! Very nice work Shinpachi. And when I was still living out on the east coast of Virginia I remember seeing a building with Sumitoma on it. If memory serves correct it was located in Portsmouth, VA just outside of Bowers hill off of Interstate 664. A friend of mine worked there part time while he worked at the Ford truck plant in Norfolk, Va.

Wow, your all nice words truely encourage me!
Thank you very much!

Let me do best to have my work enjoyed as much as possible in this forum.
I can keep flying:)

H8K2_22image00R.JPG

Last edited:
This may look better about the flap structure of H8K2.
The smaller flaps located on the end-tip are always covered by the bigger ones' eaves.
Thanks.

H8K2_22image06bR.JPG

Thanks Wayne!
I have just rendered my best print for you:)
Yes, yellow stripes will be added when I make the maintenace steps on the leading-edge.

H8K2_23image01R.JPG

One more added.
Thanks.

H8K2_23image06R.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Aaron!
I have been testing glare, reflection and skin by changing values this evening.
This one seems the best one at the moment.
It was endless:)

I will make the interior too.

H8K2_23image08R.JPG

Thank You, Gnomey, evangilder, vB, Aaron and GG!
I'm beginning to build the interiors. Walls and floors are settled inside though it is too early to show:)
Thanks.

H8K2_23Rimage00bR.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back