Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Jan - for you, anything! Will start that tomorrow.

Btw...I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has made a primary or partial living from any art related field.
I have started to seriously concentrate on my drawing, painting and modelmaking again, with an aim to making atleast a partial career from what I love doing most.
(ALOT of catching up to do, I know, but determined to give it a shot atleast!)

I would appreciate any (constructive) criticisms, advice or ideas for any project I undertake here in any form, no kid gloves, just straight up -I need to LEARN!
I know I can count on yas all, so many thanks in advance!

Jan, here's the working sketch of the 'Kiwi Gripen'...
2 questions: pencil sketch or painting? And which scheme: Tan/ two-tone Green upper, Sky lower; Dark Grey/ two-tone Green wraparound, or final fighter scheme of all-over dark Khaki Green..?
(Also, does it need the volcano and background Gripen?)

Maybe it's the one that bloke was after colour photos of, Wayne..?

Small corrections: nose form, intake, stbd ordnance, stbd aerofoil.
Please point out anything that dosen't look right - couldn't find any pics on the angle I wanted, so she's a collage of about 10 different photos (with Skyhawk ordnance)!

Dzieki Wojtku! It does look that way, yes.
Trouble is she's got more curves than a good woman, the various sections of the wing to fueslage join being especially deceptive. The way this area curves outwards makes her appear fatter (thus shorter) on this angle than when viewed side on or top on. Hard to capture accurately, and I suspect I may need to shorten the wing tips(?)

Latest version, reworking the wings, tail and canards. To remedy the above problem, maybe it would have been better to measure out the nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip points first to ensure correctness, rather than just eyeballing it as I've always done... (Lesson 1 - thankyou my friend! )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread