Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My latest:
View from the hotel balcony at Siofok, Lake Balaton where we stayed over the long weekend; one of my favourite places in Hungary.

(Watercolour, 20.7 X 29.5 cm - colours are a little stronger in reality, couldn't photograph it properly)

STA52701.JPG

Thanks guys!
Need to improve my technique and skills alot, but did manage to catch the look and feel of the place pretty well (if I say so myself).

Thanks Andy, Hugh, Matt, and Wayne, much appreciated!

Love this lake. Though the largest in Central Europe, it is shallow for the most part, and has a colour similar to that of pacific reef islands.
A number of WWII aircraft have been recovered from here too, including a substantially complete Il-2 Sturmovik a couple of years back.

Last edited:
Nice, Evan. I have trouble with shades of colors, so I do everything in black and white. I admire someone who can do colors.

Well, now that my "secret project" drawing is finally done and delivered, here it is, and the recipient.

Attachments

• DSC_3377.jpg
    DSC_3377.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 151
  • RobHFinal_72dpi.jpg
    RobHFinal_72dpi.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 164
Nice one Eric! Is their personal Zlin 50?

Re the colour work, still got alot to learn myself. Before 2001 it was strictly pencil work for me too.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Rob has several Zlins that he has built, maintained and flown for a number of years. I haven't seen all of them, but I have photographed 3 of them. One was destroyed in a crash in 2008.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back