Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great work Terry, great gift there Karl!
How come it shouldn't be behind glass btw? As long as it has a passe-partout to create 'breathing' space, it should be okay shouldn't it?

And good idea Chris! I'm too self critical to display my stuff usually (look at the b@lls up with the Gripen...), but might be fun to attempt atleast...

Great work Terry, great gift there Karl!
How come it shouldn't be behind glass btw? As long as it has a passe-partout to create 'breathing' space, it should be okay shouldn't it?

And good idea Chris! I'm too self critical to display my stuff usually (look at the b@lls up with the Gripen...), but might be fun to attempt atleast...

I am too but what the 'ell. Thats why I started this thread. I know my stuff isn't "proffessional" but I had fun and I don't think its too bad. I think it would be cool to see all our renditions of a type of warbird.

Just remembered that I also have some artwork by Terry.... 8)

DSCF0001-176.jpg

Depicted here is the P-51 of Lt. Warren E Lewis, 3434rd fighter squadron, 55th fighter group. The piece is entitled "Little Friend", it's an oil pastel on paper, size 17" x 11".

343FS_P51.jpg

Maybe we should have an artwork contest. Pick one airplane, say....a P-40, everyone has a month to draw, paint or do a picture and then get Terry and Clave and maybe a few others to judge. Kinda like a Group Build! Just for fun!
I like the idea. Haven't drawn in years and never was in the same league as some of you guys but it might be fun.

That's nice, I like that effect!

Do you paint the basic forms and background in oils, then enhance the details with the pastels?

Thanks for you kind comments gents!

This piece is entirely oil pastel, which gives a nice loose effect, as opposed to gouache or acrylics, both of which I use extensively. I simply take the pastel stick and lay on some colour, and then take what is called an "artist's stomp" to rub the colours into the paper. What's nice about these pastels is that you can add another colour on top of the laid down colour to add tints and values, giving more of a painted look. Also, the paper (Canson Pastel Paper) surface is textured in addition to being tinted already. It can be purchased in a variety of colours.

A new pastel depicting a Mosquito by night. Oil pastel on paper. This one is actually unfinished, still need to do some tweaking. I had to scan it in pieces so if there is any inconsistency in the image, that's the reason. When it's complete, I'll have a proper scan made.

Attachments

• stalker_mossie_130612_sm.jpg
    stalker_mossie_130612_sm.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 157

Users who are viewing this thread

Back