Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tack Jan!
Sadly modern policy is one colour overall schemes (just like the last year of the war in the Pacific....), but this is a what-if after all, so 3-tone it is! :)

Slimmed the nose and tail a little - looks a bit better, but still a little short in length and long in span...

STA52330.JPG

Last edited:
You guys are some amazing artists!
Here's something a little different. Sketchup models (by others) brought into 3dsmax. All I did was set up the scene, lights, materials, etc. Many more at my website, if anyone's interested.

What's your site Raytonium? I'd be interested to see more of your work. I myself would like to get a handle on using 3d programs, but my computer isn't powerful enough and I've had many false starts in trying to get into it. Once I get a computer upgrade I'll try Blender, which is a free 3d program. It would be a great tool to set up scenes which I could then use to do the artwork using traditional methods. Is Sketchup complicated to use?

Here's a WIP of a scene depicting the Spitfire Mk Ia flown by Pilot Officer JC Dundas of No 609 Sqn, 1940. He and his wingman have just spotted bogeys and are peeling off to the attack. I will place a squadron of He-111's in the distance just above the horizon line to finish off the piece. I'm not sure about the bottom right side of this piece as I don't want it to get too heavy so I may need to break up the cloud somewhat in this part of the composition.

Attachments

• 609_Spit_pencil_100312.jpg
    609_Spit_pencil_100312.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 159
Thanks gents, I appreciate it very much.

BTW, if anyone here is interested in this original painting, framed of 'Bud" Anderson's Mustang, signed by 'Bud", please email me at: [email protected]

Thx.

Attachments

• MAMArtShow201113.jpg
    MAMArtShow201113.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 5818460335_bc8d4b512a_z.jpg
    5818460335_bc8d4b512a_z.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 194
This piece is now complete. It's a pretty small pencil drawing at 10" x 6.5" so the distant bogeys are just indicated in a very subtle fashion so as not to appear too heavy. If I do this one up in colour and larger, the distant aircraft will have more form to them and would be a little more recognizable.
This scene depicts the Spitfire Mk Ia flown by Pilot Officer JC Dundas of No 609 Sqn, 1940. He and his wingman have just spotted bogeys in the distance and are peeling off to the attack. This will be done up in acrylic later on.

Attachments

• 609_Spit_pencil_130312.jpg
    609_Spit_pencil_130312.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back