Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mosquito image is very nice :D. Without the computer, I'm done for! Here's a bit of painty 3d/2d/wacom tablet type of shenanigans done over the last couple of days.

Attachments

• battleatse8e.jpg
    battleatse8e.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 156
Progress on sketch previously posted on my 'Grumman F6F Hellcat run' thread.

And a bold announcement - as of today I am a full time artist. A huge risk, and not at all possible without the support of my fiancée Ivett. I am VERY lucky to have her.

As previously mentioned, any constructive criticisms, ideas, comments etc welcomed on any of my work. Now more impotant than ever that I continue to improve.

Thanks in advance!
Evan

STA53456.JPG

That's looking great Evan, and congratulations on the bold decision. BTW, a friend is visiting my mate Andy in Bud about now, and has taken my e-mail address to give him, so that he can get in touch with me. I can then pass on your details, as I've been trying to do for months!

Evan

be bold on that gorgeous car, leave it alone you are done man ............ majored in art in college we did some pretty crazed things but of course I was in the land of the 1960's-70's when the foney baloney art was the real gem..........yuk. if anything experimentation in all sorts of mediums was great you really did learn, if you weren't stoned......

some of the unusual pencil, ink detailed sketches and final 18 x 24's took months to complete

Thanks alot Terry and Erich, much apppreciated!

Terry, thanks too re Andy. Knew you hadn't forgotten.

Cheers Erich! Still working on the radiator and front wheels, but should be done by tomorrow lunchtime (roughly 20-30 hours work involved in such a sketch)

I tried to learn art in school (in the '80s) but all they wanted was abstract. Was always told noone's interested in fine graphic work or detailed paintings (which I love). They are "not creative".
Was then banned from studying art altogether by the stepmother as 'art will get you nowhere'...

As a result, spent the last 22 years working hard for almost always thankless bosses, with little or no personal gain and a lay-off at the end when the managers want to cut costs (even the Air Force).
So nothing 'stable' about a fixed position at all in my experience, nor will you ever really get 'anywhere' working your guts out for someone else.
Better to invest in yourself if the opportunity arises...

Last edited:
:thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft: Excellent, lovely sketch work.
I gave up engineering and switched to graphic art years ago, never looked back. I wish you all the luck in the world with your new career mate, get your stuff out to as many places/people as possible and eventually word will spread... and never give up.

Scan all your stuff and get an on-line portfolio so you can mail out your images quickly and easily and approach owners clubs/forums. Also, if you can, attend classic car shows and draw in situ, you'll get 100's (if not thousands) of people walking by to see what you are sketching. Don't forget those business cards. I also know the guy who runs the Ferrari owners club magazine in the UK, if you get around to doing any pracing horses, let me know and I can get you in their monthly mag :)

Last edited:
Mate, thank you so much! I cannot tell you how much I apreciate that advice and support.
(and with the work you've shown here so far, no wonder you haven't looked back)

Will get a portfolio of my work happening, maybe start a thread here aswell. As for the Ferrari mag - you name the car, I'll give it a go!

I'm also EX-engineering myself btw, been doing precision hand soldering and robot welding the last 12 years.

Today's progress so far on what is almost certainly a Wolseley (thanks Terry!) - awaiting 100% ID from our classic car restorer Bob (Woljags).
The driver's window of the original is smashed and a polythene sheet taped over the entire upper door frame, hence leaving it untouched till I could find details on the net. (still in progress)

Second sketch is a '34 Ford I did in 1997. An ex-girlfriend's father built it, and it took 'Best of show' in the 1993 New Zealand national hot rod finals.

Evan

STA53462.JPG

STA53463.JPG

Last edited:
:thumbleft::thumbright: Awesome - love the reflections.
Pick a couple of Ferrari's a maybe a classic (250gt SWB?) and a modern (er.. spoilt for choice there) and pop them over to me and I'll send them on. No problem

I used moonfruit for my portfolio - 6 dollars a month for more space then you're gonna need. I paid another 12 pounds for my name to register it for a year. I made an online portfolio in an afternoon using their in-built web editor (dead easy to use) here's mine: HOME - Portfolio It just saves you attaching images to emails which is a real pain in the arse! :p

Evan yes your Coupe' is divine.

~~ I mention leaving your styling rig alone and maybe adding abit of background landscape even a road, a couple bushes/trees but also have them fading into the background and not too stylistic or hard edge not to draw away from the vehicle but this may set off the side and front of the car more than a stark white background. I have done enough of the pen-ink pencil watercolors over many many moons and when I taught this as a sub teacher in college it proved correct to other students besides myself. your call of course as it is your own private piece........

again now if I can only get my crap scanned on the site as examples ....only of what I am trying to talk about. interesting back in the 70's I wanted to teach art specifically what I luved in the pencil/ink hand ............. oh well.

Evan yes your Coupe' is divine.

~~ I mention leaving your styling rig alone and maybe adding abit of background landscape even a road, a couple bushes/trees but also have them fading into the background and not too stylistic or hard edge not to draw away from the vehicle but this may set off the side and front of the car more than a stark white background. I have done enough of the pen-ink pencil watercolors over many many moons and when I taught this as a sub teacher in college it proved correct to other students besides myself. your call of course as it is your own private piece........

again now if I can only get my crap scanned on the site as examples ....only of what I am trying to talk about. interesting back in the 70's I wanted to teach art specifically what I luved in the pencil/ink hand ............. oh well.

Sounds like you still are! :)

Hi chaps,the car is a Lanchester 14 or 18 approx year 1934-37,i had a 14/2 myself.This car has the larger rear screen as per the earlier models and is based on the Daimler E20 with a smaller engine and Lanchester grill,a very rare car nowdays.My car was slightly later than this with a standard saloon body,ill try to dig out a pic so you can see a real one,thats a very very good pic you have done there Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back