Show Us Your Artwork!

Nice work! Look forward to the colour version.
 
Here are a couple more I found on a backup drive. When I was painting leather patches I collected over 300 different insignias from both Bomb Groups and Fighter Groups. I kind of miss it but flying is alot more fun.

jim
357fg.jpg

425s.gif

350bs.jpg

preddy.jpg
watercolor of George Preddy
 
Great work!
 
Thanks David. Last bunch of pencil sketches, still circa 1977:

Damn Andy those look really great.The thing I notice though id the main planes look excellant while seem to lose some interest in the background planes?Just an obs. if I was you I would definitely be looking at this as possible revenue generator in the future bud.On the ink wash the P-38 is by far the best.
 
T-Bolt looks great!
 
This is a small acrylic study of "Expected Goose", a P-47N of the 463rd FS. This piece was done to establish a general overall "feel" and colour scheme for a larger painting of Detroit Miss II which I would like to start soon. Mark Stevens of the 7th Fighter Group website pointed out to me that the Jugs based on Iwo would have utilized 5" HVAR rockets and not the tubes that I depicted in the pencil drawing. Acrylic on board, 10.25" x 5".
 

Attachments

  • expectedgoose_sketch_080312.jpg
    expectedgoose_sketch_080312.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 269
That is nicely done....
 
Very nice mate!

Something I'm working on for a mate - the Buda castle in Budapest.
Been far too long since I picked up a brush or pencil, way out of practice...

STA51939.JPG
 
Last edited:
I like that Evan - very well executed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back