Sinkhole: You have got to be $hitting me!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Anyone that's lived in the mountains around here knows there are sinkholes popping up from time to time due to the limestone caves underneath just collapsing...but it is a sink hole. It sinks, falls in...slowly. If its real quick it may drop a few feet in a day and then more over a week or two.
This monstrosity is not a sinkhole, even if they call it that. Hell's Elevator would be a more fitting name for this catastrophe.

I'd like to see some pics from a RC camera drone of the interior!
Derek

thats all most of central america is ..one huge limestone formation. i dive and there are places called "cenotes"...limestone caves filled with fresh water. i have dove several cenotes and they can be quite deep, huge, and run for miles. if one caved in...well..you see what would happen.

Yeah you and your cenote would get flushed! I like mudpuppy's idea, fly a remote controlled airplane in there and lets see if its full of demons or some such stuff. That's some scary stuff there.

They finally figured out what was in the sink hole.
tumblrl3b65xntjo1qzrlhg.jpg

http://thefrogman.me/post/651422174/this-is-no-cave

Wheels

Yeah. Journey to the underground world!

This is an artificial sinkhole to prevent the river flood in Tokyo. Interesting to me, its structure is same as the natural ones.
29a377a7.jpg

26.jpg

08.jpg

Last edited:
Free tour is available, Matt308.

Departs: Every Tuesday to Friday. 3 tours a day.
(Maximum number of tour participants : 25 people for each tour)
The 1st tour 10:00 - 11:30
The 2nd tour 13:00 - 14:30
The 3rd tour 15:00 - 16:30

More details (English page)

Attachments

• Tour.JPG
    Tour.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 197
Governor of Tokyo Mr. Ishihara would be happy if no earthquake might not come against the rumour for these several decades. No construction designer expects no earthquake anyway.
Photo: Kobe 1995.
e0126807_7214643.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back