Something I been working on

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Freaking nice!!!

Whats the .22 for? small varmints? keep the wife and forum members at bay? :)

When the wiffee gives the word about those members of the rodent family called squirrels the sniper in me comes out.

Hey Javlin, that is cool! It looks like you got professionals in to build it! :notworthy:

Time for an update boys.I just finished laying the floor in the office and if I may say came out half way decent for my first attempt.This shop is part odf the reason I did not quite finish the Reich build and it's going to hamper this one some too but the builds give me the desire at least.Tomorrow I am going to start laying down the border trim and then the 1/4 round.Dan if you catch this should you come across or know anyone with pieces of glass for CHEAP now @ 90" X 22" or smaller even PM me the cabinet needs to get going before long.Pics

Attachments

• shop 088 (600 x 450).jpg
    shop 088 (600 x 450).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 95
  • shop 089 (600 x 450).jpg
    shop 089 (600 x 450).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 97
  • shop 090 (600 x 450).jpg
    shop 090 (600 x 450).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 95
  • shop 091 (600 x 450).jpg
    shop 091 (600 x 450).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 95
  • shop 092 (600 x 450).jpg
    shop 092 (600 x 450).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 94
It was a great sense of accomplishment to see it laid this evening.I think,I think,I see some light at the end of the tunnel just maybe.It will be three years come November I have been working on this GrauGeist and I would say right about 6K-7K later in the hole.

Well, you've come along nicely and it'll be the sweet taste of victory when you finally get the last bit of it done!

Years ago, I built a 1,000 sq. ft. gameroom for my folks up at thier place, in my "spare" time...it took me almost 2 years, so I have a pretty fair idea of what you're up against!

Looking great, Javlin! Laminate flooring isn't too bad to put in once you get into a groove on it. I have done the whole downstairs in our old condo and the family room in the house we are in now. The trim work is what seems to take the longest.

I would love to do something like this in my back yard someday.

Yea Evan once I got past the first two rows it was a snap and Diddy I think this will be my last,way too much work.I have had people ask that I build working shutters and some other little things from the work I have accomplished on the house and the shop itself.Cheers Kevin

Trim down though not perfect does the effect and got the door back on.The first pic shows the area were my work station is going to be 30"d X 75"w should be bib enough of a table top :).Now I have to move on over to the other side and finish putting up the texture for the ceiling so i can put my lights up.The temp in the shop 71' the house 75' tell me the shop is not well insulated and has more straps in there than all the houses on the block combinesd I would bet.I was telling my Mmother-in-Law(she wants to move into the shop :shock:) in the event of a storm I will pull the wires from the fuse box and power up the shop with the generator it runs off a 30A breaker now.Also in the third pick some visitors :shock: some orbs :):p

Attachments

• shop 093 (600 x 450).jpg
    shop 093 (600 x 450).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 114
  • shop 095 (600 x 450).jpg
    shop 095 (600 x 450).jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 117
  • shop 096 (600 x 450).jpg
    shop 096 (600 x 450).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 113
Been watching this from the start, and I must say you've done a great job. Odd, tho, you don't say anything about
"permits" or "inspections". Are permits required to build a structure ? Are "inspections" [electrical, structural] required
as parts of the stages of the permit ? Just curious, as I don't know what your local laws require. Here in Va. Beach,
any structure over eighteen inches high, requires a building permit. You need a permit to replace a commode, or a
hot water heater....... even a chain link fence !!! You know, the folks at city hall have to get there share of the money.

Charles

I took a gamble should I say Charles .I started this after Katrina knowing that inspectors would be elsewhere that's why it was a one man operation.At this point should it be brought up a fine would be levied.I had friends building there houses after Katrina of course and any roofing members over a 10' span have to be built by a company.My friend on the beach built his on site also,code officer inspects and says fine but we need a structural engineer to sigh off.It was 3-4 weeks before the sighoff came and he barely looked at it so all construction halted in that time frame for the most part.The wiring was done by an electrican from the house to the shop and he checked my work inside.I have kept a digital log of all the steps to this point should anything be brought up.I did find out how far it has to be from said property lines and gave myself room to spare though alot of the peoples sheds on the block mine included are too close the distance is 10'.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back