something i have been dreading :sad: (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm only just catching up on this thread, and sorry you have to go through this Karl.
For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing. It sounds like your father got something out of your visit, as well as your step-mother, and your brother. Even if you don't think you did.

My thoughts are with you.

A longtime friend is a PhD psychologist/counselor who's dealt with similar situations for many years. FWIW, she has found that sometimes the intermediate option is a phone call. In any case, wishing you and yours all the best Rochie.

Well to bring this to an end.

my Dad died yesterday morning, a little sad but small comfort was it was over quite quickly.I
I am glad i went to see him before he died, my brother tells me it made him and my step mam very happy.

I thank you all for the kind words and good thoughts

Karl, no one can advise you what to do or what not too, you did what you thought was right for you.
At least now with his passing you won't have that should I or shouldn't I have gone for the rest of your life.
I'm sorry for your loss, he probably wasn't the best by a very long shot, but we only have one so can't pick and choose, at least by the sounds of it you haven't made the same mistakes as he did with your daughter/family

Users who are viewing this thread

Back