Steve Irwin Killed

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis said:
Yes, but it was just a matter of time...
And I don't understand the pictures with the puppet there...
That was an old kids show called Stingray (I used to watch it when I was a kid, back when Jesus was in High School).
There were several..

Supercar
Fireball XL-5 (My Fav)
The Thunderbirds
Stingray
Captain Scarlet

Loved them all!

FLYBOYJ said:
That was an old kids show called Stingray (I used to watch it when I was a kid, back when Jesus was in High School).
There were several..

Supercar
Fireball XL-5 (My Fav)
The Thunderbirds
Stingray
Captain Scarlet

Loved them all!
You forgot Space Patrol. Now you're age is showing.

Ali :lol:

the lancaster kicks *** said:
thunderbirds ruled all though ;)
No way - no one was cooler than Steve Zodiac! And what about the groovy song at the end?!?!?

BTW - I had that song on a tape player. I played it one time when I was in an F-4 doing an overhead break over the field. The company pilot thought I was nuts!

Attachments

• fbxl5.wav
    745.3 KB · Views: 30
cheddar cheese said:
Captain Scarlet was the best, followed by Thunderbirds and then Stingray...Havent seen the other ones before though to be honest.
Captain Scarlet was cool, he died every week!:lol:

FLYBOYJ said:
I'm with ya kid, that's something I've been waiting to do. I've flown on top of ejection seats, wouldn't have a clue what to do if I would of punched out!! :eeeeek:

But you must have had a lesson on how to use an ejection seat before flying those planes, no ?

I heard a guy of the Blue Angels during an interview once, he was teaching the reporter how to use the ejection seat ( because he had to show that he could eject in less than 5 ( or was it 10 ? ) seconds to be allowed to get a ride in a F-18 ). And it looked a little tricky.

The reporter asked him : "But in the heat of combat, how can you do everything in 5 seconds ?"
The pilot replied : "Don't worry. In the heat of combat, the instict of survival makes us even faster..."

So it must be the same thing for remembering the ejection seat lesson.

Maestro said:
But you must have had a lesson on how to use an ejection seat before flying those planes, no ?
YES - we had a formal briefing on how to use the seats, know where the pnis were and crewchief signs to tell you that the seat pins were pulled, after that, I was on my own...
Maestro said:
I heard a guy of the Blue Angels during an interview once, he was teaching the reporter how to use the ejection seat ( because he had to show that he could eject in less than 5 ( or was it 10 ? ) seconds to be allowed to get a ride in a F-18 ). And it looked a little tricky.

The reporter asked him : "But in the heat of combat, how can you do everything in 5 seconds ?"
The pilot replied : "Don't worry. In the heat of combat, the instict of survival makes us even faster..."

So it must be the same thing for remembering the ejection seat lesson.
I also flew in T-33s with hot seats. As one of the pilots told me. "If I call for eject, you better follow my cue or else you'll be leaning how to fly a T-33 solo real quick."

Maestro said:

That reminds me of event in pilot training. Upon landing the T-38, we performed a manuever called aerobraking where after touchdown we raised the nose up increasing aircraft drag and reducing brake wear. This was not allowed above a 15 kt crosswind (if I remember correctly). One student tried it with too great a crosswind. The T-38 departed the runway, sheared off the nose gear, went up on its nose, spun around and ended up on its belly. The student jumped out of the aircraft, leaving the engines running. The instructors were impressed by how fast he exited the aircraft. Upon debrief, the student was asked how he egressed so quickly. He responded "So quickly? I tried three times before I was successful!"

We run as fast as we have to. The student got a red x on the flight and the write up was one sentence, "Student lost control of the aircraft and allowed aircraft to crash." Student did graduate. And no, it was not me.

Attachments

• T-38landing2.jpg
    T-38landing2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 111

Users who are viewing this thread

Back