The Augsburg Eagle....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Doin' ok there Jan, nearly had a superglue mishap on my BV222 the other day while glueing the wings in place, thankfully I caught it in time...

Had my share of superglue thrills and spills too. I've since taken a tip from this site and am using a fork made from a cut sewing needle to apply the stuff.

Sealed up....

DSC_1248_zpshjjpekph.jpg

DSC_1249_zpsmg1nx5hx.jpg

One just might old bean...

Doing a bit of fiddling before my holidays....

DSC_1256_zpsaivyaxat.jpg

Next, the wings... Two questions at this time, is it a good idea to attach the upper wings to the fuselage and then, the lower wings, or.....should I go with the instructions?
Also, they say aluminium for the wheel wells, is that correct?

IMG_20140906_121945_zpsmj1gwhcg.jpg

I'm tempted to attach the upper wings to the fuselage first....

Nice looking innards Jan...if you are Jan. If the kit gets finished, I just might call shenanigans and suggest that the real Jan has been replace by an alien life form and is presently getting various unpleasant probes.

Geo

A bit of fiddling? You could get arrested for that!

I'd go with the instructions for the wing, especially if they direct the upper and lower to be joined first. As for the wheel wells, I always thought RLM 02 on the 'E', with leather, or canvas, zipped 'gaiters' around the walls.

A bit of messing about, dryfitting, before travels.....

DSC_1259_zps4ccymltw.jpg

DSC_1260_zpsmx1jyxty.jpg

DSC_1261_zpsjir2dqrm.jpg

There's a minimum of tiny guiding pins, thingmajigs, which doesn't help, particularly in fuselage and wings, pain in the tailpipe so it is!

Wow that good workbench is developing Lucky13. :shock:

Learning enough of your techniques and enjoying good conversation and knowledge of all of you. :idea:

I still pending, with pen and paper ... :arrow:

Greetings to all

Doing an E-7? You DID paint the cockpit RLM66. Don't make me come over there.

I once painted a Hartmann G-10 (or something) in Dark Green, Dark Earth and Sky. It won Gold.

In advanced.

(Giggles like schoolgirl).

Nothing much to report, did attach P/E and wings are now glued as well...hopefully some more tomorrow, let the wee bits and bobs dry over night, I think!

IMG_20141005_172041_zps7rjoznhs.jpg

DSC_1299_zpsh2dnjxkm.jpg

DSC_1300_zpsli7pidxm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back