The Cold War Group Build.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If I can enter, I'm deciding between 3 possibilities:

Hungarian MiG-15 bis,
Polikarpov I-16 (conversion to Polish two-seat UTI-4),
and finishing a started Falklands era Sea Harrier FRS.1. (all 1:72)

Definitely do the Hungarian MiG-15. That would be cool. :)

So is the 'Bannana Bomber' (Buccanneer) I remembered I have had sitting waiting to be built for 15 years....got an excuse now!

Of course not old chap. The S2B was in RAF full-time service in the 1970's, primary role as a maritime strike aircraft against incursion from the Northern Fleet. Before that, of course, the same airframes were with the RN, in a carrier borne, similar role.

Last edited:
Top contender is the E/E Lightning for me as well, No. 74 or No. 111 Squadron, or the Draken or the Phantom from, again, the No. 111 Squadron....

Choices, choices... :lol:

You know, judging by great variety of possible subjects (after all we are talking here about historical period of several decades) maybe we could have a "Second Cold War GB" at some time in the future...

...Exactly Jan!

Thanks too Dwight! what d'ya reckon - camo'd or straight metal? (I'm thinking camo, as I've already made an Al bird once for an aquaintance)

As of right now I haven't a clue although there are several possibilities in the stash already. Of course I've said that before and still gone out and bought something new. :oops:

Possibilities are:

B-47 Stratojet [1/144]
AC-47 [1/72]
AC-130 [1/144]
AC-123 [1/144]
AC-119 [1/72] Conversion of a C-119 (I already have the guns)
B-36 [1/144]
F-4 Phantom [1/72] Robin Olds, (have to find decal set first)
EC-121 Connie [1/144]
Mig 21 Fishbed [1/72]
SR71 Blackbird [1/72]

Except for the F-4 I have no clue as to the paint schemes of any of them

I'm thinking of buying a mig 15 [1/72] but I'm not sure who has a good one. The only one I know of off hand is the Airfix new release but I'm not sure that it's really all that.

Dan, Nice choice. I'm not much of a "Non-aircraft" guy myself but just this morning I purchased the Revell LRDG kit. Comes with a jeep and the 30 wt truck. SWEET. Now I'm looking forward to the next MTO GB.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of buying a mig 15 [1/72] but I'm not sure who has a good one. The only one I know of off hand is the Airfix new release but I'm not sure that it's really all that.

Hobby Boss and KPro both make a Mig-15 or Mig-15 Bis I believe. Never done anything with the KPro kits. From what I understand Hobby Boss can be a bit hit or miss with their kits, especially their early releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back