The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A couple of little guys I ran across at the Arboretum the other day: the garter snake was obviously well-fed, must've been two feet long! He slithered across my foot while trying to get away from my brother, who was trying to catch him to get pics with the little guy. Snake won, it got away. Those suckers are fast! The bee was a lucky shot, he stood still for the split second I needed to immortalize him.

Attachments

• IMG_6028.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5993w.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 94
Wayne wants me to lay on the tracks in front of a train and you want me to feed myself to the turtle. I think you guys are trying to get rid of me.
But Aaron, the tree-huggers are always telling us we should commune with nature, be one with our animal friends...do stuff like "swim with a manatee", "hug a snapping turtle" and "save the polar bears"...

Is this wrong?

And RA, awesome pix!

The snake is really cool, but that bee shot rocks!

Very cool shots RA!!!! Love the shot of the snake and you got the bee perfect! And Dave, are the photos not proof enough. I had to wade out into the river to catch the fish. It wrapped the line around a rock so I went out and unwrapped the line and finished the job. I don't think I can get any closer.

...And Dave, are the photos not proof enough. I had to wade out into the river to catch the fish. It wrapped the line around a rock so I went out and unwrapped the line and finished the job. I don't think I can get any closer.
LOL...yeah, I think that will work!

Speaking of closer, how about this?

An Assasin Bug nymph putting the hurt on an Aphid (on a Chrysanthemum leaf)

Attachments

• IMGP11598[1024x681].jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 100
Had some wasps cruising around a Forest Service truck the other day, scavanging the dead bugs off the grill, windsheild and mirrors...they were so busy feasting that they totally ignored my camera!

This wasp was on the driver's side mirror (I flipped the camera upside-down to get the shot) and I only had my 18-55 lens with me, sure would have been niceto have my 100 m/m Macro for this!

The wasp was almost an inch long, by the way.

Attachments

• IMGP2505-cr[1024x681].jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 87
I just killed a nest-full of those suckers the other day. I can handle most any bug out there, but wasps and roaches I'm not a big fan of. Excellent shot, though!

My buddy called me this afternoon and told me he had another little friend for me so I went to see what he had.Let me tell you something, I don't mind spiders but these I DO NOT LIKE. They are still interesting and cool to a degree but to be blind and still be able to move like lightning is just WRONG. So here she is folks. She's in the bottom of a one quart mixing cup.

Users who are viewing this thread