The Fw 190A-9 of Siegfried Baer, 5.Staffel, II./JG301, in Detail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yes coming together Wayne, now to try and find a werke nummer decal to fit

this is getting more personal with each effort.....thanks

Looking fantastic Wayne. Re Erich's suggestion; if you can't find any small enough decals for the Werke Nr., I have some very small 'wargame armour' decals I bought for just such situations. You're welcome to some, given I have the numbers you need; not so sure about the 'Wk.Nr' letters though!

You're welcome Erich!:D

Currently searching for the best combination of numbers for the W.Nr. this is probably the hardest part!

Yesterday, after studying the Hakenkreuz I noted that the one on 206179 is slightly broader than the one on 206000 so went hunting through decals until I found the right size.

White 2 and red bar are from the D-9 White 12 500408...the yellow pin stripes will be added today.

Thanks for the offer Terry!

Wayne, e-mail or PM me with the approximate size that will suit, and I'll see what I have. Probably got them, if the style is correct, and can send them by 1st class Air Mail, no probs. Would you need them for both sides of the fin, or just one side?

:oops: What about dry transfers from the local art/architect shop?

You already knew that didn't you. :oops:

Brilliant Wayne. I am truly in awe of your talent.

Wayne, e-mail or PM me with the approximate size that will suit, and I'll see what I have. Probably got them, if the style is correct, and can send them by 1st class Air Mail, no probs. Would you need them for both sides of the fin, or just one side?

Thanks so much for your offer Terry, you may be my back up plan yet!, have found a set this afternoon that may just do the job...stay tuned!

The set of numbers fits just right!..not the perfect font but close enough to do the job!:D

Yellow Pin stripes added....and a few other stencils....NOW it has its identity!:D

Attachments

• Decals Fuselage_W Nr_Port_2805.JPG
    Decals Fuselage_W Nr_Port_2805.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Decals Fuselage_W Nr_Stbd_2810.JPG
    Decals Fuselage_W Nr_Stbd_2810.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 90
Wayne, that's fantastic! Apart from really coming to life now, you've done a cracking job on the Werke Nr., I know how difficult it is to place individual decals, so close together, that are such a small size. Stirling work mate!
Really looking forward to the next update.

Wayne, that's fantastic! Apart from really coming to life now, you've done a cracking job on the Werke Nr., I know how difficult it is to place individual decals, so close together, that are such a small size. Stirling work mate!
Really looking forward to the next update.

Yep...placing 12 tiny little decals one at a time and getting them right is no simple task.....done one at a time over 2 hours, each one positioned hit with decal softener, left to dry,then the next one added.
For those that haven't tried this, you can't position the second decal until the first one has set otherwise the small amount of water that is appied as you position the next decal lifts the previous one and moves it...so you must be REAL careful....stuffed up one number 8 that had to be replaced...when I touched it too soon...bugger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back