The Fw 190A-9 of Siegfried Baer, 5.Staffel, II./JG301, in Detail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree with that also, Wojtek. I quite often use Humbrol, which is in bottles now in the U.K., especially if I am brushing. Just a tiny touch of thinners helps it to 'flow' easily. But I have found Klear very useful, when sprayed for a final thin coat on a gloss finished model. I also use it as a base for matt and semi-matt coats, as it goes on well and doesn't yellow, unlike many matt varnishes. Of course, virtually all of my models are fairly large, compared to a 1/72nd scale fighter, which makes a difference, as it's easier to brush-out or spray cover with Klear without having a build-up. Sorry Wayne, back to your thread!

Other side decals......all on the main aircraft now, so will give it a final coat of gloss overall on the weekend and move on to getting the other parts up to speed.

Attachments

• Decals_Stbd Wing_2826.JPG
    Decals_Stbd Wing_2826.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 94
Thanks Max..

Got the undercarriage covers done today...paint, pencil lines, gloss and decals.:D

Attachments

• Undercarriage Cover_1_ paint_2845a.JPG
    Undercarriage Cover_1_ paint_2845a.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Undercarriage Cover_2_ Pencil Lines_2846.JPG
    Undercarriage Cover_2_ Pencil Lines_2846.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 99
  • Undercarriage Cover_3_Gloss_2854.JPG
    Undercarriage Cover_3_Gloss_2854.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Undercarriage Cover_4_Decals_2857.JPG
    Undercarriage Cover_4_Decals_2857.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 103
Looking brill! I've always wanted to know what the upper U/C door stencils are for, the ones that look like graduations of some sort. In forty years, after numerous pics, books and plans, I still haven't found out! I'm guessing it's something to do with load settings? The last decals I tried to read were on the old Hasegawa 32nd kit, and were - squiggles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back