The Fw 190A-9 of Siegfried Baer, 5.Staffel, II./JG301, in Detail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Personally, I think yours is the better model Wayne, although the Bf109 is very good indeed. I'm guessing it got First due to the judges perhaps thinking the camoufalge scheme on the '109 was a little more complex to execute. If that's the case, then fair enough, but I think it would actually be a little easier to apply than a precise mottle.

Blllllllltttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt !! JG 54 crate been done before, Weiße 2 on the other hand..............ah no, 1st place please; it's always always an aces crate that takes first.............. no class

E ~

Thanks for your support fellas....where were you guys when they called for judges to step forward!:D:D:D

Would have preferred first place but a Second and a Commended Certificate after being moved up a catagory in Melb is still not too shabby!

Still have to do part 2 of this project, 'White 1'...been started but slow progress with these GB's going on!

Last edited:
Man, that must be one heck of a model contest. Your bird looks flawless. That model that beat yours doesn't look any better, if even as good as yours. That's just simple truth. How the heck to they judge those incredible planes, anyway? :|

Some progress pics as promised....

Attachments

• White 1_1413.JPG
    White 1_1413.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 131
  • White 1_1414.JPG
    White 1_1414.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 127
  • White 1_1415.JPG
    White 1_1415.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 133
Have made further progress on White 1...while i still have some sanding work to complete around the wings and forward fuselage, the rear fuselage is good so the yellow band has been done in conjunction with my GB entry which got some yellow paint today too!

Attachments

• Yellow Band_3716.jpg
    Yellow Band_3716.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 129
  • Yellow Band_3715.jpg
    Yellow Band_3715.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back