The Next Generation Group Builds Listing (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll be up for another group build,I only have the 1 to my name so far..:cry:...:lol:
Cheers,
Tony.

You got me entering again!! ALL the next GB's have interesting possibilities. The VVS GB looks enticing, got to do the famous 27 La-7 in white. And a surprise Lend Lease plane with a very crazy camo job. Got one planned for the Captured GB as well. I'm never gonna finish my Mk.22 Spit, or Marlin's Magic. I'll have to keep the next GB's simple! No moving control surfaces or detail cockpits!!

Hmmm, just checked the list again, I usually screw something up and have to check three, four times till I am totally confused.

What does "Home country MODERN aircraft" mean????? Does a B-24 qualify, USAAF in Aussie service?????

Then I did misread Feb 1st-May 31st - The Jet Age 1944-45 / Recon-Transport-Observer Aircraft of WW2 SPLIT BUILD.
I thought I was gonna have a chance to build a P5-M. Damn, see I do have to check three, four times!

Okay, I need clarification on these two builds. I want to plan, and not get caught trying to find stuff in a lurch like I have been.

May 1st-Aug 30th - Home Country Modern Aircraft / Spitfire Marks SPLIT BUILD
What year start and finish? If after 1980, can I build a carrier based helicopter SH-60 Sea Hawk from HS-4?

Aug 1st-Nov 30th - Aircraft Carrier Planes
Is this WWII aircraft, or what are? Or can I build another 60's carrier based helicopter? SH-34 or SH-3 from HS-4?
I happened to aircrew both of these in the 60's with HS-4.

The 'Modern' is open to interpretation, as it is based in suggestions by members. But I'd guess that from 1980 onwards would be a good start point, and in my view, any military aircraft would be eligible, fixed or rotary wing. What do others think?
As for the 'Carrier' GB, I think it would be good to have this from any era, since carriers first evolved, and again, fixed or rotary wing would provide a wide spectrum of subjects.

"Home Country Modern Aircraft GB" means any aircraft currently in service with your country Air Force - jets, transports, trainers, helicopters... That's what I had in mind when I suggested this GB anyway.

For "Carrier" GB, it's just as Terry said.

Cool.
Sometimes ya just gotta ask. Thanks for the help.

Clear now..... I get to do old school HS-4, and the new bunch. Now I just gotta decide on an SH-34 or an SH-3 for the old school.

Still no catagory for my P5-M, bugger.

Cheers for the modern a/c definition Igor!

I won't be entering the aces build as still got the Me/Fw builds to do, but in on the next hopefully (A/C in foreign service/ Captured aircraft).

So then I did my old man dementia thing on the title of my Aces GB, by forgetting to put "Aces GB" in the title and I bl@@dy well misspelled her name, *it's Litv"Y"ak........... Will it never stop?

Last edited:
I missed it either way, but have plenty of aircraft for it!

Looks like my last day at work will be 10/31/11. I will have lots of time to do group builds again. I will visit ye ol'd model shop at 5:00, it just happens to be next to a tavern.

DBII

Yep - three pints of plastic please, and a tube of beer. Er... three sheets of beer and a pint of Hasegawa please. Er...um... sheet three of beerkits and a sprue load of Vodka. Er.... b*ll*cks, forget it !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back