The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps !
Here's a few 'local' shots, taken during days out in the 'Tin Tent' over the past week.
I went up to a local 'country park', about 2 miles from where I live, in order to 'field test' my recently converted 1/16th scale R/C Tiger tank. The first four shots show the tank, and the view from the park, which is located on a ridge overlooking Macclesfield Forest, and the edge of the Peak District National Park.
Unfortunately, being alone, I wasn't able to photograph, or video, the tank in action, as I couldn't operate the R/C transmitter and the camera at the same time !
The remaining pics were taken last week, when I took my e-wife for a day out to the island of Anglesey, a six hour round trip.
The views are from the south west corner of the island, looking over the Menai Straits to the mainland of North Wales, with Snowdonia in the background, clouds swirling around the peaks and valleys. Behind the first mountains is the famous 'Mach Loop', and the sound of jets could be faintly heard on the breeze.
To the right is the town of Caernarfon, with the castle just visible at extreme right of frame. The final shot, taken with the 300mm lens on the Nikon D80, shows Caernarfon castle, the yacht harbour, and the bridge.

I'll be away again at the end of this coming week, for the 'Meet the Fighters' airshow at Duxford, and might have a bit of a wandering tour on the way back. If I do, then I'll post more pics (plus the airshow itself) on my return.

Tin Travel 53.jpg
Tin Travel 54.jpg
Tin Travel 55.jpg
Tin Travel 56.jpg
Tin Travel 57.jpg
Tin Travel 58.jpg
Tin Travel 59.jpg
Tin Travel 60.jpg

I did try out the tank's gun Geo, and it was quite impressive - but I only hit grass and mud ................ so far !!

The series of shots should have been titled "A German Tiger conquers the British village." :lol:

Great images Pal. :cool:

Thanks my friend, and you're welcome.
I might be going back to Norfolk after the airshow at Duxford, depending on certain person's work schedule, so I might be able to get more pics of the area.

Thanks Wayne and David. We tend to take for granted our local area, ,but there are some beautiful places not far from home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back