THE UPDATED FUTURE GROUP BUILDS POLL....

The Next 5 Group Builds Should Be???

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some nice stuff there Dwight, should be good. Like you, I haven't a clue what to do for the BoB. I was thinking of a Do17Z, 1/48th scale, and maybe a He111 in the same scale (if Revell re-release it), to accompany the Bf109 and Ju88A5 I already have. But the there's the new 1/32nd scale Hurricane coming from PCM, and, of course, the massive He111 in 1/32nd from Guttorm's friends at Revell Germany. I think for the Cold War, it'll definitely be a natural metal Mig 21, maybe similar in a Mig17, both 1/48th, and, if the Korean War GB isn't happening, a 1/48th Sea Fury. I also fancy doing a 1/48th A26 Invader, again Korean period, but I'll need to start removing a few bricks from a wall, as I'm getting desperately short of display space!!

Hadn't thought about the He-111 for the BoB but that's an idea. :)

Didn't know we had a Korean War GB in the offing. :oops:

...I think for the Cold War, it'll definitely be a natural metal Mig 21, maybe similar in a Mig17, both 1/48th, and, if the Korean War GB isn't happening, a 1/48th Sea Fury. I also fancy doing a 1/48th A26 Invader, again Korean period, but I'll need to start removing a few bricks from a wall, as I'm getting desperately short of display space!!

Hey Terry, if you are going to build a natural metal MiG-21 for Cold war GB why not make it a Yugoslav bird? I can get you decals for it, if you decide to do so. There's an 1/48 scale aftermarket set for three Yugoslav Air Force MiG-21s of the Cold war period...

LIFT HERE decals

Awesome Vic.....

We need to start up a new thread followed by a new Group Build Poll to get the next 8 Builds lined up.... As it stands right now, we dont have a Korean War Build....

Yet....

I'll start up a new thread this weekend and get some ideas floatin around....

Oh and for those that are still confused about our Build line up, here it is:

feb01/2010-may31 - D Day/Invasion Stripes
may01-aug30 - Cold War/Armor at Kursk Split Build
aug01-nov30 - BoB
nov01-feb28/2011 - Commonwealth-VVS / Armor at Stalingrad Split Build

You lucky sod Vic! How big a trot are you doing mate? Don't suppose you're coming back to IE Land...oops, sorry, I meant England!
That's a good idea Igor. I've had a Soviet Mig 21 in mind for about a year now, as it was 'the' threat when i was a teenager - just the name sounded menacing! But a Yugoslav one would be quite nice, with a Polish, Czech or Soviet Mig 17 or 19 to keep it company. It'll probably be one of the Acaemy 1/48th scale kits, either the PF or PFM, if memory serves.Edit: crossing posts. What's the Commomwealth-VVs build Dan? Is that ww2 Commonwealth aircraft, and VVS ww2 aircraft? If so, I doubt I'll be in that one. Bring on Korea!

Last edited:
You lucky sod Vic! How big a trot are you doing mate? Don't suppose you're coming back to IE Land...oops, sorry, I meant England!
That's a good idea Igor. I've had a Soviet Mig 21 in mind for about a year now, as it was 'the' threat when i was a teenager - just the name sounded menacing! But a Yugoslav one would be quite nice, with a Polish, Czech or Soviet Mig 17 or 19 to keep it company. It'll probably be one of the Acaemy 1/48th scale kits, either the PF or PFM, if memory serves.Edit: crossing posts. What's the Commomwealth-VVs build Dan? Is that ww2 Commonwealth aircraft, and VVS ww2 aircraft? If so, I doubt I'll be in that one. Bring on Korea!

Go for it Terry! I checked out that link that Igor provided. Some of those deal sheets are SWEET! :)

Good question Terry. Could someone explain the Commonwealth-VVS build? And what the heck is V V S?

Well.... As I said, I've had a good eye towards Rodens Gladiator in their Swedish Volunteer Squadron F19 version. Easy enough I thought, no need to look around decals other than those coming in the kit, W-R-O-N-G! :oops: :lol: Had a look at Hannants.....found these!

Attachments

• Kora Decals Part 1.jpg
    Kora Decals Part 1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Kora Decals Part 1b.jpg
    Kora Decals Part 1b.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Kora Decals Part 2.jpg
    Kora Decals Part 2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Kora Decals Part 2b.jpg
    Kora Decals Part 2b.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Kora Decals Part 3.jpg
    Kora Decals Part 3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Kora Decals Part 3b.jpg
    Kora Decals Part 3b.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Kora Decals Part 4.jpg
    Kora Decals Part 4.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Kora Decals Part 4b.jpg
    Kora Decals Part 4b.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 150

Quite big, heading north west but not as far as UK. You'll have to wait for the pics when I get back sometime in April.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks Dan, I wanted to get into the next build - things are getting together here - but I don't have anything until the BoB Build. Thinking about that 1/24 Airfix Bf 109E I have...:)

Will there be any repeat builds, like another Defense of the Reich, etc?

Guys, Im just putting down what the Poll states... And upon further review, it looks like we can make an addendum....

It seems the VVS had 4 votes, but the Night Fighters vs. Bombers Build had 5.... Commenwealth Forces had 5 as well and is listed as:

Commonwealth Air Forces, RAAF, RCAF, RNZAF, IAF etc.

So we can change the last Build to Commonwealth/Nightfighters.... Sounds alittle better to me as there are 1 or 2 Wild Sau planes I would love to try....

I think we'll wait on havin the additional armor split build until after the first split build comin up....

Need to see what the general concensus says about the switch....

All those in favor of supplanting VVS for Nightfighters?????

ME!

Well, VVS had nightfighters too, right? ;)

Edit:

Come to think about it. Why not do another few splitbuilds?

Freezing Hell, Northern Europe/Winter War with Eastern Front, '41-'45, both got 4 votes... That way you can do VVS, Luftwaffe, Finnish Airforce, Winter War, Jugoslav, Romanian etc...

And as already mentioned, the Nightfighters with the Commonwealth.... both 5 votes.

Last edited:
I don't think Dan is getting rid of the VVS just putting it off till later.

I vote for the NF as I think I can scrape up a Moskito I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back