THE UPDATED FUTURE GROUP BUILDS POLL....

The Next 5 Group Builds Should Be???

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

May I suggest to those who couldn't decide on a 5th choice to choose 'Under a Different Flag' - I think Marcel would agree. :) Get other countries in the build besides the usual ones.

Anyone up for a Swiss Bf 109? :)

They stole that word from me Jan, get it right...
Well, you should have copyrighted it then....:lol:

May I suggest to those who couldn't decide on a 5th choice to choose 'Under a Different Flag' - I think Marcel would agree. :) Get other countries in the build besides the usual ones.

Anyone up for a Swiss Bf 109? :)
....or an African MiG-21 etc., etc. 8) Still have to decide...! :lol:

Bl*sted! I couldn't decide.... Well, here's my fiver in no particular order;
Anti Shipping. ("Black Cat" Catalina.)
Freezing Hell, Northern Europe/Winter War. (Swedish volunteer fighter squadron F22, Gloster Gladiator, Finnish-Russian Winter War.)
Red Stars, VVS. (Don't know yet.)
Korean War, '50-'53. (Douglas Skyraider and Possible a Corsair or Sabre.)
Cold War Protagonists, '49 - '89. (Don't know yet.)
I put what I'd build within ()....

Edit: Will we be doing like the "winner" of this poll, the choice with most votes, will be the GB built first, after PTO and BoB, then the GB with the second highest of votes built second and so on...?

I got my five in. I was kind of amazed to see a class of armor not listed, the kind that floats, ships!

Other than that, I will wait to see what happens.

Bill G.

Difficult painting ships - all that water spoils the paint!
Good point though, for those that want ships etc. Know nothing about them, but wouldn't mind doing a RAF Rescue Launch, if the old Airfix kit is available.

To Njaco:

Cool space ship 190. I wonder what you are using for heat shielding to re-enter the atmosphere? Just kidding. And being new here, you have probably heard it many times before.

Now to be serious. Ships come in a great many scales. You don't want to paint 1/350 figures, try 1/1250? Or am I giving you a head ache now? Or a nightmare? I did get nice smile reading your answer.

To Lucky13:

Which USS Yorktown? The Navy has had a few over the years!

Oh, Lucky, when I was in Iraq in 2003, 2004, the signal team I was assigned to was Kilo One Three. I joking referred to our house at Camp Victory and BIAP as Motel Thirteen, where we keep the blackout light on for you!

I wanted to answer the phone in the house as Motel Thirteen. But the Section Sergeant said absolutely NO!!!! RATS!!!!

Bill G.

What a party p**per, eh? :lol:
There's only two Yorktown's for me BG....the CV-5 and CV-10! 8) I think that they had two or three USS Yorktown before the first flattop....or do I remember wrong? :oops: :lol:

Thansk Bill about the siggy. Its just my latest and with a different perspective. :)

I did get nice smile reading your answer.

Thats why I posted but maybe sometime in the future we could do ships - I wouldn't mind doing the Blucher.

True Chris! I'd love to do one of the old BB's. Too bad that USS West Virginia and a couple of others that I'd love to do are so %$#$#% expensive in 1/350, list Price at $425.00! :shock: But, a "tin can" would be cool too!

Did someone say ships? :lol:

Wouldn't mind a ship build. ICM do 1/350 scale German WWI dreadnoughts, and White Ensign Models have some very cool (if pricey) stuff in their range. You got me thinking now... :idea:

Lucky 13

I did a bit of Googling and there have been five Yorktowns in the US Navy. The last CG-48 is no longer in commission. Here is a quick run down.

Sloop of War 1838 sunk 1850
Twin Screw Gunboat 1889 Decommissioned 12 Jun 1919 Scrapped 1921
CV-5
CV-10
CG-48 Ticonderoga Class Guided Missile Cruiser
Keel laid 19 Oct 1981
Launched 17 Jan 1983
Commissioned 4 Jul 1984
Decommissioned 3 Dec 2004

I have built and still have the old Revell 1/5?? model of the CV5 Yorktown in her pre-war paint.

Bill G.

aarrgghhh!! You closed the suggestion thread.

I thought a Movie build would be cool. I have a Duck I'm dying to do like "Murphy's War"!

I'll shut up and go away now. :)

Darn, I also suggested movie subjects - always wanted to do a 'Buchon' from th BoB movie, just for starters, then a Mossie from 633 Sqn, then....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back