THE UPDATED FUTURE GROUP BUILDS POLL....

The Next 5 Group Builds Should Be???

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just recognized something. I can actually join all these GB choices but if I do I'll have to replenish my stock! There are a few negatives with that assumption and one has a name attached! :)

Yep Chris, I know. I wish I knew where I'd put that packet of 'Money Tree' seeds!
I've also realised that I have to re-think the planning on new shelving/display cases. With the average model taking something like 80 to 150 hours of work, it's criminal that they are left to collect dust etc, which can eventually eat away at paintwork, and the joints on very small components such as aerial wires. I need to find an inexpensive source for perspex sheet or similar, as glass might be too heavy in some areas.
I'd never really considered that my annual growth in models might increase this way!

SO for this PTO build, I have a couple of questions.

1. For my Corsair, I already built the cockpit, and part of the engine. Will I still be able to participate with it? Dan built some of his Dora, so that's the only reason I ask.

2. Are we starting it halfway through the current one, or are we waiting until May?

I think you'd be OK with your Corsair, Cory; there's still plenty of building to do, and pics to show. I think it's probably fair to start the PTO build nearer May, to allow those that haven't as much time, or are doing more than one entry, to finish in time. Remember, all the pics have to be collated and judged etc, and we were aiming to have the winner(s) announced around VE Day.
However, if everyone is finished before then, and the concensus is to start earlier, then that also should be fine.....but not yet, be patient, I know you're itching to get cracking, as I am !!

Well too late! :lol: I started the Hellcat, so it's out. I can't really do anything on my Panther since I have to paint it and it's too cold. I'll have my Dora this time next week hopefully, so that'll be my next one for this current build.

Thanks for the info.

As it stands now....
1. Mediteranean Theatre/North Africa. 10
2. D-Day / Invasion Stripes 6
2. Bombers/Heavy Hitters, Europe, '39 - '45. 6
3. Cold War Protagonists, '49 - '89. 5
3. Commonwealth Air Forces, RAAF, RCAF, RNZAF, IAF etc. 5
4. Eastern Front, '41-'45. 4
4. Nightfighters vs. Bombers. 4
4. Tank Busters. 4
5. The Jet Age 1944-45. 3
5. Anti Shipping. 3
5. Freezing Hell, Northern Europe/Winter War. 3
5. Red Stars, VVS. 3
5. Foreign Spitfires etc. 3
5. The Golden Years, Between The Wars, '18-'39. 3
5. Support Vehicles, '39-'45. 3
5. *ARMOR Battle of Kursk, July 1943.* 3

We have to start making up our minds on when to end this so we can get some things lined out.... Ive got 3 models comin; the 1/32 Corsair (PTO build), the 1/32 Ju 87G-2 (Eastern Front, Tankbusters or Heavy Hitters), and the 1/72 B-24 Strawberry Bitch (Mediteranean Theatre/North Africa)....

And I got one more to order that my kid is gettin for me to trade an ARF .46 Trainer New in Box that I have....

And I have no idea what to get other than something for the D-Day/Invasion Stripe Build...

I agree Dan. I would suggest that this poll should close, for the next three builds at least, at the end of this month; 28th February. That way, we can all plan what we are going to need etc.
To that end, my vote for the next three (bearing in mind the tie between 2 and 3 as shown on the list) is:_ GB No3, MTO, GB No4 Bombers/Heavy Hitters, GB No5 Cold War.
How do people feel about the time span for each GB? At the moment, it's four months per GB - could it be made three months per GB? Seems people are moving fairly quickly, and, that way, we would get in four a year.
If the present time limit is prefered though, no problem.
Terry.

I'd like to see 4 builds a year Terry.... 4 months is a long time for us build 1 model per build kinda guys.... Also agree with the close date of the Poll.....

COMEONE TANKBUSTERS!!!!!!!

I think the order as of now should be:
1. Defense of The Reich
2. PTO
3. Mediteranean Theatre/North Africa
4. D-Day / Invasion Stripes
5. ***Split Build*** Cold War Protagonists, '49 - '89 AND ARMOR Battle of Kursk, July 1943 (For those of us who wont be doin Jets)
6. Bombers/Heavy Hitters, Europe, '39 - '45

As I was split in my decision, that fits in well with me Dan. I'm prepared to go in that order, and I like the idea of the 'split' build. I'll possibly do both.
It might be possible, as Wayne originally suggested, to run parrallel builds, for example D-Day AND Bombers, which might work well for some. It might mean that one model could be awaiting decals, or drying in-between paint coats, whilst work progressed on the second model.
Up to the majority to decide.

I agree with both of you guys. 4 months is too long I think, though I don't think we should shorten the current one, rather I think we should start the PTO build with one month left in the current one, that way we get the 3 month timing set up now, so we get an even 4 per year.

Im definately advocating a shorter time span. My time is going to be pretty limited very soon so one or two models will be the absolute max as it is per build.

I can build anything in 1/48, almost, so that doesn't bother me at all, looking forward to the next GB already. I only have to order my F4F-4 Wildcat for the Yorktown and Executive Officer, Lieutenant (Junior Grade) William N. Leonard and the "Black 13" that he flew on combat air patrol, during the morning of 4 June 1942 and paint and more glue.
Three months suits me fine as well chaps. But, how about if we make them unofficially four months, with a month to gather all the stuff that's needed and then the three month build? I know how it can be sometimes, you look forward to a build, but you can't for your life decide what to build, so an "extra" month to think, decide and then do the shopping might help, thinking delivery times here....I don't know. :oops:
I think that we can close this one as well on the 28th....

I like the idea of overlapping the builds by 1 month or so, and it'll accomadate those who wish for alittle extra research time and those that want to shorten up the build lengths... That was we still get 4 a year and still give each fella 4 months to get his build right...

I like the idea....

Any other comments on the split Jet/Armor Build???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back