THE UPDATED FUTURE GROUP BUILDS POLL....

The Next 5 Group Builds Should Be???

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've had a thought concerning some of these builds. As some want to do, say, armour, but not for example jets, would it be an idea to combine some builds, rather than run parrallel. For example, 'Cold War' or a battle, such as Kursk, could have entries that were either aircraft, or tanks/vehicles, or an entrant could enter one/some of each. That way, again using 'Cold War' as an example, we could see Mig's, T55's or T62, Centurions, M48's, Phantoms, Crusaders, Lightnings, Sea Furies etc etc.
Any comments guys?

Could possibly be waaaaaayyy to difficult to judge all the different items if u did that Terry....

I dunno, I kinda like what ur saying... But I like the idea of keeping the builds concentrated towards something... The PTO Build is gonna get kinda crazy, as its gonna be so wide open....

I agree Dan, but, as far as judging goes in a combined aircraft/vehicle GB, it shouldn't really be a problem. Some models will have wings (or rotors), some won't!!
But, I'll go with the majority, just thought I'd throw in my two pen'orth, plus VAT but less discount and old-age allowance!

But, I'll go with the majority, just thought I'd throw in my two pen'orth, plus VAT but less discount and old-age allowance!
It'd be worth more to toss in your busspass, me think....
I don't mind doing a Starfighter/Crusader and a StuG III or whatnot, might make it interesting....:D
Either way, I feel a tank is coming up soon.....8)

Last day today was it?

Mediteranean Theatre/North Africa: 11

D-Day / Invasion Stripes: 6
Bombers/Heavy Hitters, Europe, '39 - '45: 6

Nightfighters vs. Bombers: 5
Cold War Protagonists, '49 - '89: 5
Commonwealth Air Forces, RAAF, RCAF, RNZAF, IAF etc.: 5

Eastern Front, '41-'45: 4
Tank Busters: 4
Freezing Hell, Northern Europe/Winter War: 4
Red Stars, VVS: 4

The Jet Age 1944-45: 3
Anti Shipping: 3
Foreign Spitfires etc: 3
Photo Recce, '40 -'45: 3
The Golden Years, Between The Wars, '18-'39: 3
Captured: 3
Support Vehicles, '39-'45: 3
*ARMOR Battle of Kursk, July 1943.*: 3
*ARMOR Battle of Stalingrad, 17 Jul 1942 and 2 Feb 1943.*: 3

One thing....

The PTO is to follow this one that we're doing now, right, up to VJ-Day? After that it'll be the Med/North Afrika for this year, which will take us to December correct? That will leave us the rest (4) for next year, excluding BoB.....or have I smoked bad pot?

Er...I'm lost a bit! Are we still having each GB lasting four months, three months, two months?? The current one is due to end , and be judged and announced, by VE Day, I believe. Although it may be expected to END on VE Day?
So, if it's 3 months per GB, we'll get in the PTO, MTO, and still have 2 months for another one to start running this year.
B*ll*cks, I knew I should have gone for a pint, I can't think straight, been up now for 38 hours!!

Might be thinking in wrong term here....:oops:...four months instead for three! :oops: :lol: Think that was what was agreed on, three months lenght on the GB's...right?

In that case, these will have to be included as well, I think. :oops:

Down Low, Close Support: 2
Pearl Harbor Anniversary: 2
The Mighty 8th AF: 2
WWI: 2
Vietnam, '62-'72: 2
Modern Aircraft, '89-'09: 2
Trainer Aircraft, WWII: 2
??? Squadron, R.A.F. History, 1918 - 2008: 2
What if? Any period, any type: 2
*ARMOR Battle of the Bulge, 16 Dec 1944 – 25 Jan 1945.*: 2

VE Day is May 8th, and that means just under 9 weeks to finish and a week to judge.... May 1st is the deadline for Final Pics Threads.....

Is that too long for everyone??? I personally am chompin at the bit to get crackin at Grandpa's Corsair.... Didnt we discuss somewhere about getting an early start on the PTO Build???

2 weeks prior to the May 1st deadline is April 24th...

Apr 24 -July 24- PTO Build
July10-October10- Med/N.Africa Build
Sept26-December31- either D-Day or Bombers with Armor Split Build

Then we get into the groove for 2010, thats Twenty Ten....

Jan1-April1- either Bombers or D-Day
March18-June18 - ???? Possibly move D-Day/Invasion Stripe Build to this period, and end it on D-Day???

That all sounds more like it. But, just one thing, this year is the 65th anniversary of D-Day, which would be more fitting than next year, the 66th anniversary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back