THE UPDATED FUTURE GROUP BUILDS POLL.... (2 Viewers)

The Next 5 Group Builds Should Be???

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There was another that seems to have been pushed aside and missed completely....'Battle of Britain'?

Running with half a dozen that are set early allows for parallel builds or alternates, so across a year these should allow plenty of time for all to decide their chosen path......of 4 or more projects to tackle....

I agree with the 3 month time span also....!

True Wayne, I thought BoB was on the list, just noticed that it isn't! :shock:

Dan, I'm up for a split GB, Jet and Armor...could do an F-104 or an F-8 plus a tank, wouldn't mind to do a Panther, Tiger or a StuG....8)

A build per quarter, or 4 builds per year atleast, sounds good to me.

I've bitten off more than I can chew (time wise) with this first build (the Me 163 dilemma screwed that up mostly, though), so I'm all for the shorter time span and concentrating on 1, max. 2 entries per build.

No worries from me re the split build, although it should be said that the cold war period dosen't just cover jets, Dan - P-51s, F4U-4 and 5 Corsairs, late model Spitfires, Seafires, Tempests and Fury's are all in there, just to name a few. (and don't forget all the prop engined bombers you could do...)

Just my 20 Hungarian forint...

OK guys, so it looks like we're agreed on a 3 month build period, with the overlap. For example, the next GB, the PTO build, can now start April 1st, giving the 'extra' month for research, kit buying etc, the following GB to start on July 1st and so on.
At the end of this month, we can decide on the split builds, which I think can go with every GB, as there will be some who don't want to, or can't do a particular build for whatever reason. Perhaps if the 'splits' were staggered by one month, if required for a particular build, it might help?
I too think the BoB should definitely be in there, being one of the most famous battles in history, and the build should end either before September 15th, or October 10(?), the latter being the 'official' end of the Battle, the former being the' highlight', and celebrated by the RAF as Battle of Britain Day.
Once again, comments welcome.
NOTE: I have contacted Wayne and Matt re the judging/photos. There's a couple of things Wayne meeds to sort before he can finalise some things, so please bear with us. I'll post something over the weekend about the photo requirements, and, hopefully, have the Photography Guide 'published' by the end of next week.
Note to Wayne, I'll PM Erich and Eric mate, give you a bit of room for now.
Terry.

Good idea Jan. If it ran from, say, June until late September, early October, in parallell to any other build(s) at the time, it would allow time to research/build etc in between the other build(s). There's a lot to go at in aircraft types alone, with a minimum of 8 major contenders, plus the 'lesser' types. Then there's the vast number of units and sub units, so it really needs a place of it's own to do it justice.
Of course, next year is the 70th anniversary of the Battle, so the build time could be extended, if the majority think it right, so that the build culminates on Battle of Britain Day, 2010. (Or the 70th anniversary of the START of the Battle?).
If done that way, everyone would have a chance to present a number of models, perhaps even raise the maximum number, in order to do the subject justice.
Just a thought on the back of this; if the above happened, it might be possible to 'publish', here, a form of Commerative Album, featuring photos of specific actions/events or whatever, starring the models from the build as illustration, with the text describing the event etc, through the progression of the Battle. Just a thought.

Of course, next year is the 70th anniversary of the Battle, so the build time could be extended, if the majority think it right, so that the build culminates on Battle of Britain Day, 2010. (Or the 70th anniversary of the START of the Battle?).
If done that way, everyone would have a chance to present a number of models, perhaps even raise the maximum number, in order to do the subject justice./QUOTE]

Good idea Terry!

I'm really looking forward to the BoB build, more than almost any other of the subjects.

My grandmother's accounts of her time as a WAAF during this time, and the aircraft of that period are what got me interested in the second world war and modelmaking in the first place...
To my mind a very fitting tribute to a battle that changed the face of history, aswell as a personal trip down memory lane for me.

NOTE: I have contacted Wayne and Matt re the judging/photos. There's a couple of things Wayne meeds to sort before he can finalise some things, so please bear with us. I'll post something over the weekend about the photo requirements, and, hopefully, have the Photography Guide 'published' by the end of next week.
Note to Wayne, I'll PM Erich and Eric mate, give you a bit of room for now.
Terry.

Thanks Terry! :thumbright:

Now that you have mentioned 70th Anniversary for BoB in 2010 that should be pencilled in for mid next year as a definite starter!

I agree, the BoB build should go along with the 70th Anniversay next year... It would be perfect.... Also, at the end of this month, when we close to Poll, if there is a tie, we'll either need another mini Poll to solidify the order or just have the Judges/Admin Staff make the call.....

Also, we need to start lookin at some ideas for the Group Build Icon that those who participated will get at the end of their signatures.... I can try to get something done for it, but Im sure there will be better ideas from our membership... Ill start up a thread for it....

I like the way we are all comin together on this, its great....

As it stands right now:

PTO Up Next
Med/N.Africa 10
D Day/Invasion Stripes 6
Bombers/Heavy Hitters 6
Cold War Protagonists 5
Commonwealth Air Forces 5
Eastern Front 4
Night Fighters Vs. Bombers 4
Tank Busters 4
ARMOR Battle of Kursk 3
ARMOR Battle of the Bulge 2

When the Poll closes, I recommend any tie going to a sudden death 1 week shootout for a tie break....

Those tiebreaks will result in Split Build Offs where the Armor will fit in a combined Build...

2 tie breaks, 2 plane/armor builds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back