THE UPDATED FUTURE GROUP BUILDS POLL....

The Next 5 Group Builds Should Be???

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not really, have you seen the size of the mock-up mine they used for that film ??! :shock:

It really did look like a giant deformed toilet roll too, I've no idea what they used for the dummy to make it look like that. Maybe it was sponsored by kleenex... :)

It was big, wasn't it? It was like that for two reasons though. First, the actual weapon was still on the 'Secret List' when the movie was made, 1953(?), and second, the producers wanted to ensure that it would be visible. So, they best-guessed the shape, and made it big, to be seen in most shots. The thing is, it actually resembled the original shape of 'Upkeep', when it had a banded, wooden outer casing!

Good points Terry! I knew it was still secret at that time (I think it was only disclosed in 1979 or so). The joke with that is the Germans found an intact mine at the bottom of one of the dams the morning after the raid!

Yep! And apparently they looked at making a similar weapon themselves, for use against, I think, Russian targets. But I don't beleive they went ahead with any trials.

It's any aircraft, jet, prop, turbo prop or helicopter, from the major powers, that would possibly confront each other during the 'Cold War'. So, the Warsaw Pact, NATO and other nations directly in the line of (possible) fire.
There's a heck of a choice; Migs of various marks, USAF jets, British jets, prop jobs, all sorts.

I see what you mean Dan, but some people suggested a separate build/theme for Korea and Vietnam. I was more visualising the classic 'Cold War' stuff, a bit like Jan; Mig 21's etc, F4 Phantoms, Lightning's, Mig23 and F14 and so on. Personally, I was aiming for the 'mid part' of the period, with a typical, threatening-looking Mig21. As it is such a long period of time, and encompasses a broad spectrum of aircraft types, I thought it might bring out some interesting models, particularly with the jets.

As it looks now.....

1. Mediteranean Theatre/North Africa. (10 votes)
2. Bombers/Heavy Hitters, Europe, '39 - '45. (6 votes)
3. D-Day / Invasion Stripes. (5 votes)
3. Cold War Protagonists, '49 - '89. (5 votes)
3. Commonwealth Air Forces, RAAF, RCAF, RNZAF, IAF etc. (5 votes)
4. Eastern Front, '41-'45. (4 votes)
4. Nightfighters vs. Bombers. (4 votes)
4. Tank Busters. (4 votes)
5. The Jet Age 1944-45. (3 votes)
5. Freezing Hell, Northern Europe/Winter War. (3 votes)
5. Red Stars, VVS. (3 votes)
5. Foreign Spitfires etc. (3 votes)
5. Support Vehicles, '39-'45. (3 votes)
5. *ARMOR Battle of Kursk, July 1943.* (3 votes)

Seems like we might have to have another poll later to separate entries for the 3rd, 4th and 5th GB's.... For how long did you put up this poll Dan?

Like this then...?

1. Mediteranean Theatre/North Africa. (10 votes)
2. Bombers/Heavy Hitters, Europe, '39 - '45. (6 votes)
2. Commonwealth Air Forces, RAAF, RCAF, RNZAF, IAF etc. (6 votes)
3. D-Day / Invasion Stripes. (5 votes)
3. Cold War Protagonists, '49 - '89. (5 votes)
4. Eastern Front, '41-'45. (4 votes)
4. Nightfighters vs. Bombers. (4 votes)
4. Tank Busters. (4 votes)
5. The Jet Age 1944-45. (3 votes)
5. Freezing Hell, Northern Europe/Winter War. (3 votes)
5. Red Stars, VVS. (3 votes)
5. Foreign Spitfires etc. (3 votes)
5. Support Vehicles, '39-'45. (3 votes)
5. *ARMOR Battle of Kursk, July 1943.* (3 votes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back