The VVs/ Easternfron GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
Damn I'm batting a thousand here. :oops: First I'm much to late for the Commonwealth GB and now this one has started just as I'm just finishing up a Russian P-39 that I could have used. :(

Time to go find another Russian bird I guess.... :lol:

I have noticed your wish in Harry's thread about Il-2. There is a few kits offered by different manufacturers. Most of these are of Il-2m3 variant ( Zwezda 7279 or 7286 for instance). Also Eduard offers a kit of the plane (EDUARD 7410) But if you want the single seater type of Sturmovik you might try to find the one of the Dakplast or Eastern Express kit.

Attachments

• il2 SS sturm.jpg
    il2 SS sturm.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 754
  • zvezda7279.jpg
    zvezda7279.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 163
  • zvezda7286.jpg
    zvezda7286.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 164
  • eduard7410.jpg
    eduard7410.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
You are right Igor. I've forgotten about the one. THX. :)

Those are some great looking kits Wurger, thanks. I might have to search for a few of them but my desire wasn't just for an IL-2, it was for the IL-2 with skis. My LHS has the Academy and the Airfix kits :oops:

The version with the skis is the cats arse. :p

Those are some great looking kits Wurger, thanks. I might have to search for a few of them but my desire wasn't just for an IL-2, it was for the IL-2 with skis. My LHS has the Academy and the Airfix kits :oops:

The version with the skis is the cats arse. :p

I see. However these skis for Il-2 can be scratch-built really easy.

Good find Harry. :)

If you guys had a choice which of the kits you listed would you choose to build?

Almost all kits are new ones. The Smer set is the oldest one and Dako ( Eastern Express) was issured later. These of Eduard and Academy seem to be the newest kits. I have both Zvezda models and these look very nice. I have seen the Smer model and it is a nice set. If I were you I would buy the Academy kit and the Smer one for the skis.Then I would make a few corrections and Sturmovik on skies would be finished. However the Smer might be enough for a nice replic.

Please look at these underwing nacelles.....

Attachments

• Il2 skis.jpg
    Il2 skis.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 785
  • Il2 skis1.jpg
    Il2 skis1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
These should help.... source :

HobbyBoss

There is a larger shot of the firs pic in the rar file below.

Attachments

• Il-2 ski_2.jpg
    Il-2 ski_2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 134
  • ski_1.jpg
    ski_1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 140
  • ski2.jpg
    ski2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 137
  • Il-2 ski_.rar
    248.6 KB · Views: 75
Ok the choice has been made. I'm going to go with the Hurricane for this build. Knowing me I'll still get myself an Il-2 just because. I called down to my LHS and they don't have a Mk IIb so tonight I'll be checking the online sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back