UEFA Euro 2008

Who do you predict to win the Euro 2008 Competition?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I will unfortunatly miss the game, because I will be watching Metallica in concert instead.

I think the game will end 2-1 for Germany. Poland allways puts up a good well fought game against Germany.

I will unfortunatly miss the game, because I will be watching Metallica in concert instead.

I think the game will end 2-1 for Germany. Poland allways puts up a good well fought game against Germany.

Though somehow we can't win... but maybe this Sunday it will be different. Have fun on the concert.

ccheese said:
How come there are no comments in this thread from the Americans ?

Maybe 'cause soccer is not that popular in the US ??

Charles

I belive it would be different if USA would take part in the tournament but from obvious reasons it can't

How come there are no comments in this thread from the Americans ?

Maybe 'cause soccer is not that popular in the US ??

Charles

Probably because it is the European Cup and because unfortunatly most Americans do not like Football (Soccer).

Bit difficult to get enthusiastic without any British sides and I don't have any emotional ties to any of the other countries. Bit of a take it or leave it to me.

I would Spain but they alwys screw up even though they have good teams.

The French is OK too as my car would be happy.

Will certainly watch a few games if I get the time.

I don't have confidence in the dutch team. They 're a bunch of overpaid snobs. I would say Germany takes it, or else, an outsider, which you don't expect, like turkey or Poland or so. I'm hoping for the last option as I aways like the underdog to win, makes things exciting.

Czechs win 1-0, congrats!

Thanks, but we had a lot of luck this time. Only one shot on goal :shock: and we scored. I´ve never seen our team in last 6 years playing all the time under pressure like this time:rolleyes: Think our players should kiss the hands of our goalie Peter Cech... We´re missing Rosicky IMHO...
Hope we will play better next time with Portugal on Wednesday with 3 points already at home...

I missed the Germany game because I was watching Metallica in concert, but the guy next to me was getting updates from his girlfriend back at home! I was so excited when I heard the score of the game.

Lars from Metallica even came on after the show and congratulated the audience on the victory.

Compliments to Nederland, and as I forecasted in my previous post: everytime Italy is among the favorites, they manage to screw up !

First goal was in offside, but this is NO EXCUSE: Nederland played better and Italy went idiotically forward and left all the field for their counter-attacks.

The Oranges are a very good and fresh team, they can walk a long way in this tournament.

Only hope for Italy is that the team cannot be THAT bad, I still give them credit that this was just a no-no evening.

Wow!!

Go Netherlands! Man that was a great game, and it was great to see Italy get beat! Netherlands looked real good....

Here are all the scores to date:

7 June
Switzerland 0-1 Czech Republic
Portugal 2-0 Turkey

8 June
Austria 0-1 Croatia
Germany 2-0 Poland

9 June
Romania 0-0 France
Netherlands 3-0 Italy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back