UEFA Euro 2008

Who do you predict to win the Euro 2008 Competition?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The dutch do, Netherlands - France 4 -1!!!!
:occasion9:

To say the truth, the French did not play bad at all, fortunately for us, the dutch scored the goals. I thought the dtuch goal within 1 minute after the French one was hilarious :lol:

Yeah I watched the game. The Dutch are looking very impressive!

I felt really bad for Ribery though. He is an outstanding player and he never gave up. He was trying so hard to get some French goals and luck would just not have it his way.

The French team as a whole played very well actually. They had many chances on the Dutch goal and luck would just not have it!

Having watched the games....the Dutch have been the most impressive against some quality sides. On these games alone...the Dutch win it for me.

The German side have some good midfield and strikers but the defenders are not good. Far too slow. Against the pace and skill of Holland Portugal or Spain...I don't think they have it. If they play Portugal...then we shall see. Proof of the pudding and all that.

Having watched the games....the Dutch have been the most impressive against some quality sides. On these games alone...the Dutch win it for me.

The German side have some good midfield and strikers but the defenders are not good. Far too slow. Against the pace and skill of Holland Portugal or Spain...I don't think they have it. If they play Portugal...then we shall see. Proof of the pudding and all that.

I really dont know what is wrong. Germany normally has a solid defence. Lahm is regarded as one of the defenders.

I do agree however, and think that at the moment they do not have it.

Yeah I watched the game. The Dutch are looking very impressive!

I felt really bad for Ribery though. He is an outstanding player and he never gave up. He was trying so hard to get some French goals and luck would just not have it his way.

The French team as a whole played very well actually. They had many chances on the Dutch goal and luck would just not have it!

Actually I thought the dutch weren't that impressive, despite of the results. They let France play their game and were lucky that the French weren't able to score more. The French deserved better considering the way they played.

What I did find impressive of the Dutch was the ease with which they scored, traditionally a huge problem for them. 7 goals in 2 matches against Italy and France is impressive and they could even score while they didn't dominate the game (against France and the last goal against Italy).

Hi guys!!!

there is still 7h and 10 minuts until our game against swiss
it doesn´t worry me because we don´t need to win, and we are playng with our second team!

congrats to all the other teams, they are playng good football.:)

don´t start underestimating germany, they still have much to show in this tournament. (no final for us Adler)

the Dutch will be in the final, maybe with Portugal :twisted:

Can't say anything else but the Dutch have been excellent.

Against Italy and France.

And scored plenty goals.

If you can score against quality then you've got to be the best.

Actually I thought the dutch weren't that impressive, despite of the results. They let France play their game and were lucky that the French weren't able to score more. The French deserved better considering the way they played.

What I did find impressive of the Dutch was the ease with which they scored, traditionally a huge problem for them. 7 goals in 2 matches against Italy and France is impressive and they could even score while they didn't dominate the game (against France and the last goal against Italy).

The Dutch have been impressive on the counters.

don´t start underestimating germany, they still have much to show in this tournament. (no final for us Adler)

I believe we will see Germany playing Potugal in the Quarterfinals. May the better team win! :|

Even though I don't think the German squad isn't as good as it was 2 years ago I would still put money on them beating Portugul, probably in the quarter final, leaving them with a clear run to the final. They are a tournament team and always seem to do well in the end. They got to the final in 2002 playing pretty bad football.

Holy ****! Did you watch the Turkey - Czech game?

That was insane. I have to give it to the Turks, they played with a lot of heart and never gave up. To score 3 goals in 14 minutes and win the game 3-2.

Sorry to the Czechs. It sucks that you guys are going home early. If the Germans are not careful tomorrow, they will be joining you though...

The Swiss beat Portugal 2-0 tonight as well, in a meaningless game. The Portugese did not play with a full starting team as well.

Here is the standings in Group A after tonights game.

Bold Qualified for the Playoff round.

1. Portugal - 6
2. Turkey - 6

3. Czech Republic -3
4. Switzerland -3

That was insane. I have to give it to the Turks, they played with a lot of heart and never gave up. To score 3 goals in 14 minutes and win the game 3-2.

Sorry to the Czechs. It sucks that you guys are going home early. If the Germans are not careful tomorrow, they will be joining you though...

The Swiss beat Portugal 2-0 tonight as well, in a meaningless game. The Portugese did not play with a full starting team as well.

1. Portugal - 6
2. Turkey - 6

3. Czech Republic -3
4. Switzerland -3

OMG I 'm gonna KILL my mum. She kicked me off the TV at half time coz she wanted to watch some talent show :evil:

Hi guys!

I was punished, because of my big mouth!
Portugal playded like old ladies against the swiss team
Not playing with the first team is not an escuse!

Beware Chealsea FC, Scolari is allways playing this tricks on the supporters

Congrats to the Swiss supporters and team!

Lets us see if our team doesn´t play like blindman against Germany!
If they need i can start training my dog to guide them

OH! i forgot to say this
The referee was the worst i´ve seen in years!
what game was he seeing?
more them 50 fouls?
invalidating a clean goal?
he is completely uncapable of judging a football game!!!!!
he killed the game.

1. Portugal - 6
2. Turkey - 6

3. Czech Republic -3
4. Switzerland -3

Yep, what can we do...Never in past I´ve seen such a game...to loose in fact the won game in last 15 minutes...terrible...but in general, we got 3 points against Switzerland even they were better, then we lost with Portugal and...yesterday´s match confirmed the fact we hadn´t the best team on tournament this time...
After the game was over Willi Reschke´s son called me as he couldn´t believe his eyes...
Hope Germany will go tru today...

I really did not expect Turkey to beat the Czech.

This whole tournament has been terrible as far as referee's go. They are making bad calls, not making calls when they should, etc...

I have to chime in about soccer and Americans. Think we have a problem with watching a guy getting tackled and then needing a stretcher then 2 secs later running full blast down the pitch and also it's hard to relate to an American player of fame(no idol like for example Beckham etc)..I love watching the Premier league and Serie A but the scheduling is a tough watch. I've only been able to see Croatia/Austria and Germany/Poland play. I hate watching recorded games and if there are replays they are at weird hours. I'm thinking Spain is looking good,Netherlands also, Portugal also. When I watched the Germany/Poland game I thought both teams were running like they had anchors tied to their feet. My wife is part German and I'm part Polish so I couldn't watch the end of that one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back