UEFA Euro 2008 (1 Viewer)

Who do you predict to win the Euro 2008 Competition?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I believe it was the best play of the russian national team since 10 years. Reminds me somehow of the golden years of russian/soviet football with Yashin, Netto, Streltzov, Shesternev

I believe it was the best play of the russian national team since 10 years. Reminds me somehow of the golden years of russian/soviet football with Yashin, Netto, Streltzov, Shesternev

You mean when the Dutch beat Russia in the Final in 1988 ;)
It looks like we're going to play against you on Saturday Ramirez. Looking forward to it.

I thought the Russians were very good and worthy of a place in the last 8.

no sure thing for the Dutch.

Now...Germany against Portugal. Can the Germans hold the Portugese long enough to score a winning goal...well...we shall see.

Go Germany!!!!!!

I knew they would beat them!

Germany beat Portugal 3-2!

The German team played very very well!

Germany won because:

1. Germany played like a team.
2. Germany was more aggresive and cohesive.
3. Portugal did not play like a team.

I really think the problem that Portugal has, is that they have a few players that are really really world class great, but they try and do everything themselves and do not play like a cohesive team.

The only two things I did not like about this game:

1. The officiating again was not very good.

2. Christian Ronaldo.

I lost so much respect for Christian Ronaldo. I used to think he was better than what he did this game. I am not talking about his play, but his diving. The camera was right in front of him and filming as he faked an injury. He started to sit up and once he saw that the ref was looking, he grabbed his knee and in a very Bollywood style yelped like a puppy!

I am not saying that other teams do not do it. All teams are guilty of it, but I expect the worlds great players not to do that.

If you are losing, then step up your game and don't act like a bitch!

Other than that, I would like to congratulate Portugal on a great game. Better luck next time!

Yes. The game was very good.

I thought the Germans played very well and better than previous games.

Thought the Portugese were very bad at defending and two of the German goals were free headers.

Disappointed with Ronaldo and he didn't show his ability.

But fair play...The Germans played with determination and strenght and deserved to win.

Congrats!
Think nobody in Germany takes care of how much is the beer now8) :lol: ...

The beer was flowing last night my friend....

Yes. The game was very good.

I thought the Germans played very well and better than previous games.

Thought the Portugese were very bad at defending and two of the German goals were free headers.

Disappointed with Ronaldo and he didn't show his ability.

But fair play...The Germans played with determination and strenght and deserved to win.

It was actually rather interesting. The Germany coach was asked about what it felt like to watch the game from the stands during the Austria game, and he said he was making the best of it. He said that during the Austrian game he saw some things that he would not have seen on the field, and was making changes for the Portugal game.

It looks like it paid off...

For those that did not see the game, here is some highlights:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8gBHEFzCxo

The beer was flowing last night my friend....

It was actually rather interesting. The Germany coach was asked about what it felt like to watch the game from the stands during the Austria game, and he said he was making the best of it. He said that during the Austrian game he saw some things that he would not have seen on the field, and was making changes for the Portugal game.

It looks like it paid off...

For those that did not see the game, here is some highlights:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8gBHEFzCxo

Chris,

a minute ago Willi´s son called me and told he wishes Croatia for the semifinal...
What about you? Though I think it would be something special to play against Turkey as there are I guess 4 million Turks in Germany8) I´d like so see Germany playing against Croatia once again...
BTW, Willi is doing well...

... But Adler, this time you've been lucky with the referee, you should not complain: the third goal was not regular because Ballack (smartly) pushed away his guardian, but the referee did not spotted the foul :D :D :D
(look at the video you posted, there is a clear replay around minute 4)

Beside that, Germany played better and deserved to win the game, no doubt about it.
Much better team vs a group of good individuals; Portugal was scary only when in the last minutes the tactics were all gone and their individualities could have created a solution. But Germany was good also in defending and limiting the risk.

Now it looks likely a Germany-Holland final (I think Germany is superior to Croatia/Turkey), and Holland should have no problems with Russia and also with the winner of Spain-Italy (Spain, if Italy will not play much better than with France or Spain will not take the match from the wrong side)

The only thing against Holland is that they played 'too well' until now, and often the team who plays well from the beginning pays some fatigue in the later matches; if this happens against Spain (or Italy) it might be dangerous.

Congrats to Germany they palyed well but also had luck with the ref.

I lost so much respect for Christian Ronaldo. I used to think he was better than what he did this game. I am not talking about his play, but his diving. The camera was right in front of him and filming as he faked an injury. He started to sit up and once he saw that the ref was looking, he grabbed his knee and in a very Bollywood style yelped like a puppy!

I am not saying that other teams do not do it. All teams are guilty of it, but I expect the worlds great players not to do that.

I won't defend Ronaldo because while he's a great player I think he's an arrogant punk but I think that in this situation first he was fouled and after the game was stopped he wanted to get up but the German player (forget which one) stepped on his foot that's when he started to cry and I'm sure it wasn't too seroius but the German player imo should get the red card for that as he made that on purpose.

Plus one of the goals was scored after a foul.

Once more time congrats to Germany.

germany do look good as they always do once the tournament realy starts.
but russia are improving all the time and the dutch seem to be on a role to, at least all the teams that are doing well play posative football and long may it continue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back