Euro 2012

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good match and good Italy.
As I said in one of my first posts, the two psychos were the ones who could give Italy a quantum leap in quality. And in effect the first goal is a Cassano invention: he left two defenders standing and crossed a ball with printed 'just push me hard'. Probably the impact has tuned Balotelli's brain in the cranium, so when he had the second opportunity he did at best what he is able to do at best: coordination, power and perfect shooting. When he doest that he is unstoppable.
After 2-0 of course was up to Germany to attack, but italy kept playing and (for me) surprisingly running too. On 2nd half Germany was all forward and there were prairies free for Italian counterattacks, but Italy missed 3-4 gorgeous opportunities to close the match. Germany was dangerous only with casual actions, but had the penalty episode happened 10 minutes earlier it would have been hell for Italy.

All in all I think the verdict is right.

Last edited:
Congrats Italy. Well deserved win. Germany are the kings of losing in the Semis or against Italy.

I will admit that I am hoping for Italy to beat Spain. They can not make it three in a row...:lol:

Last edited:
Congrats Italy. Well deserved win.

That's the first time that I have cryed!
That's normaly not my nature, but I'm with this team since 2006 and over the last 6 years this team has played the best soccer from germany (2006-2012) ever and I'm very sad for this lost!
But **** happens I hope this Team come back 2014!
But congrats to Italy for a very good achievement and a fair game!
Please beat Spain and I will be happy!

I have to apologize with Germans for some very bad taste jokes I read today after the match.

Unfortunately in the last years we had a political class composed by the worst ignorant charlatans that ever walked the stage, a bunch of unskilled losers whose only resource is to lick the bottom of their multi-billionaire boss.
Unfortunately money, control of media and of course voter's stupidity allowed this group to be elected, and now (even if out of the government) they can still hold their position for some time.

This people is so ignorant that don't even understand that an offensive joke that might be acceptable if said by a fan in the privacy of his pub has a totally different gravity if spoken by a member of Parliament.

The same can be said of certain journalists (whose newspaper is curiously owned by the same questionable billionaire and media-tycoon who owns the mentioned political party) who have the same bad taste and irresponsible behavior of the politicians that they support.

I can only say I'm sorry, all I could do was to never vote them and tell everybody to not do it.

Last edited:
I got the distinct feeling that the Germans turned up expecting to win that game and were shocked when it fell apart.

But kudos to the Italians...I hope they go and win it cos only the champs can defeat England!

Attempt of technical analisys before the final.

The key will be at midfield, and the key player will be Pirlo. Until now Pirlo was the player who worked hundreds of actions, dictating the timing of the team, the 'fly-by-wire' system of the airplane Italy.
Now there is the midfield pack of Spain, by far the most talented of the world.
If Pirlo (and those who have the task to protect him) will be able to work his way and still play the metronome for the team, Italy will win. If the Spaniards with their fast and high-technical caroussel will succeed in neutralizing Pirlo, Spain will be unattainable for Italy.

Then, may the team who plays better win, and 'la bola es siempre tonda'

Ok, i think it's over, they placed a counter-attack as per the 'manual of perfect football': 2 passages, 60 meters of field sliced, control and execution. Chapeau,
I don't see Italy with the potential of recovering in 2nd half, unless there is some lucky episode.
Was nice until it lasted, but the midfield of Spain is like the Bermuda triangle, it make lose your head :)

Ok, I don't know anything about soccer, but I have watched a few matches of the Euro tournament. The only thing I know is that guy for Italy that everyone talks about, Boratelli or whatever his name is....the guy with the mohawk....is an ABSOLUTE BABY. I wouldn't want that guy within 100 miles of my team. What a piss poor attitude and he is not a team player. After the match was over he was shoving people away from him. Have some class, dude.

Congrats to Spain.

I have never been fond of Boratelli. I have always found him to be like that.

If I recall at the beginning of the Euro 2012 tournament, the Italian coach benched him as well because of his attitude.

Balotelli is no good for sure. No gentleman.

Italians looked tired and heavy footed. Spanish looked fresh as daisies.

But good for Espana. Worthy championes.

Yes, but this was the ony game that they didn't play boring football. Why can't they footbal like this earlier in the tournament?
It was a great final. For once it was not one that ended in 0-0 and a penalty shoot-out. But I think the Italians were not as bad as the 4-0 makes one to suspect.

Spain with better players and much more fresh athletically, the Spanish midfield pack, when in good shape, is a nightmare for everybody.
Italy with several players on their knees or not recovered from injuries. One of them (Chiellini) was a calculated risk of the coach, a bet that proved wrong (he was at half-speed on the first spanish goal and had to leave the field immediately after)

At this point Italy should had defended the 0-1 (yes, sometimes you have to defend the loss...) by locking in defense and let Spain make the game, hoping to recover the gap in athletic freshness letting Spain running more than them and try to recover the game later (a bit like the tactics that Portugal did or Chelsea played with Barcelona)
Instead, they tried to attack and play football: brave behavior but totally suicidal in that match and with such opponents.
Spain was too happy to build a dam in their 3/4 and restart with lethal counterattacks, and since they are good soccer players they placed one that was totally irresistible: 2-0 and end of the story.

On beginning 2nd half, italy missed the chance to reopen the match, then another injury left the team in 10 and the match became just target practice.

Apart from injuries and tireness, the better team won.

And again, this is the beauty of football: wednesday Spain played badly and risked to be eliminated by Portugal (who is a decent team but not on par with Italy, Germany or Spain), yesterday the same team played as if they were coming from Mars.

Case Balotelli: I always joked on him calling him 'psycho'. In effect the guy has great football talents, but is totally immature in his head. At least this time he did not behave too badly and did not get some red card, maybe there is hope for the future.
If he will mature he will become a great player, if he stays like this he will disappear in a couple of years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back