Euro 2012

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As much as I would have loved to see Italy go home, the better team won. England would not have deserved it. Even though they were playing better in the second, the English were just to one dimensional, lacked ball control, and in my opinion the will to win.

I expect much more from such a storied team with such talent.

Oh well bring on Italy. Should be a good game on Thursday.

I totaly agree!
And now the next try to win an important game against Italy in a tournament to get revenge for 2006 and to overcome this german national soccer trauma!

Here we go again for the classic Germany - Italy and I think it will be a good game!

England surprisingly poor, they've never been able to create football, except for maybe 10 minutes in the first half. All time defending in 10 'old italian style', but without the talent and velocity to produce the 'old italian style' lethal counter-attacks.
Second half Italy lost DeRossi and Cassano was out of fuel, so the pressure lowered, but England was not in condition to play, they just breathed a little bit better.
Probably they had a very bad day, historically England was never a winner but was always fighting fiercely.
With also a bit of bad luck, final score is two bars hit and 5-6 clear goal opportunities missed.
Germany will not forgive such waste, and will also allow much less opportunities.

But not all is good for Italy: the two crazy-artists (Cassano and Balotelli), the only ones who could give the team a quantum laep in quality were the two who played worse. One missed all that was possible to miss and the other was almost inconsistent.
If they don't wake up, there is no chance with Germany: we could only hope to play like England did tonight and land to the penalty lottery.

Plus, as i said, the positive string of Italy vs Germany is too long, and statistically the probability is for a change.

but who knows: ' la bola es tonda' (H.Herrera) and 'non dire gatto se non ce l'hai nel sacco' (never say 'cat' until you have put it in the sack') (G. Trapattoni)

Ah you can find vids about every team.

I stand by my belief that the Italians and Portugese are the best actors in this era. Everyteam does it though. It is unfortunately become part of the game.

It would have been a travesty had England beaten Italy,but the Italians would only have had themselves to blame.

Looking on the bright side it has saved England from being murdered by Germany. I fear that fate may well await the Italians now. They could have done without the extra time,that's for sure.

Cheers

Steve

I will have to say that UEFA did screw up the schedule. It is rather unfair that Germany gets two more days of rest and time to prepare for Italy, because of the way the games were played. They should have been on the same day or within 24 hours.

all in all there are 4 days of rest for italy and 6 for germany, it is not very stretched. Will be worse for the final, the winner of thursday has only 3 days vs the 4 of the team who plays on wednesday.
you know, TV pays the bill and want to air one match a day to maximize the audience.
More important imho is that italy played 120 stressful minutes and germany could relax and slow down after 60-70, but this has nothing to do with the calendar: with less errors in finalization italy could have been 2-0 in the first half and just let the time pass in the 2nd. Germany was instead able to quickly close the books.
Will be an interesting match!

Well today is the day. Germany vs. Italy. Going to be a very tough game. I think Germany is a better team at the moment and can win this, but Italy are still a very good team that is getting stronger. Going to be a very tough match. May the better team win today.

Good luck Parm...

Well today is the day. Germany vs. Italy. Going to be a very tough game. I think Germany is a better team at the moment and can win this, but Italy are still a very good team that is getting stronger. Going to be a very tough match. May the better team win today.

Good luck Parm...
And I will give points for the best schwalbe :lol:
Good luck to both of you and I will enjoy the match.

both teams can't win, so may the one who plays better go to the final.

Update from family army getting ready for the battle: 5 in front of TV with bier, bratwurst, bretzel und senf, one with spaghetti, red wine and mandolin (i have a sister but she's useless: she don't even know if the ball is round or oval). If Italy lose I will disconnect the phone for a week.

Still, it's not over: Germany is athletically stronger and much younger, 45' are very long.
Italy played at high pace in 1st half, going pressing on every ball, i am not sure they can keep that speed for the whole match

15 minutes don't believe they'll pull it off. Looks like italy in the final.

Edit: slightly exciting after the penalty, but the referee stopped too early I think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back