UEFA Euro 2008

Who do you predict to win the Euro 2008 Competition?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow. Russian beating the Dutch.

Now them would be good odds.

The difference was star man Andrei Arshavin who played and Ronaldo who didn't for Portugal. The Dutch seemed tired and ran out of gas.

Spain look doomed at this point as all the teams who have played well at the start are out and those that start slow and get beat are in. Football mad.

I predict Italy win as all my predictions have been wrong and I want Spain to win.

i'm going for spain tonight, italy have been lucky to get this far, i think germany will be too strong for turkey as they dont often slip up in the later stagesof any compation.
spain v germany could be an interesting final

Actually, when and where Italy was lucky in this qualification?

They lost one game with Holland and they deserved to lose it, they had a null match with Romania where Italy can rightfully claim to have had bad luck (a non existing offside called on a valid Toni goal) and won with full merit with France.
You may say that france lost Ribery after 10 minutes, but to be fair you should also notice that Italy lost their best defender Cannavaro (ballon d'or 2006) immediately before the tournament, and if you don't mind this absence is at least balancing Ribery.

Lucky? I don't see any luck, just harvesting for what they did (nothing exceptional but enough to qualify to quarter finals), if we want to count cents and dimes Italy is actually a bit in credit with luck.

We all know that Rumania lost a big chance: had they won with holland they would have kicked out the champions and the vice-champions in one shot, but you can't blame it to Italy or France if Rumanians managed to lose a match with a B-Holland who had changed 9 out of 11 of the players.

So said, for tonight Spain looks better and, unless the fourth surprise result in four matches, will probably qualify.

I hope for the surprise of course, but Italy until now made too many errors in finalizing the attacks, and in soccer this is a heavy handicap because the opportunities are so rare.
To succeed Italy will have to play humble, cutting the supply to to Spanish attack at midfield, never lose concentration and hope that Toni will finally 'crosshair' the door. So far, the team scored 3 goals and none was signed by an attacker: this is the big limit of this team to date.

btw, don't forget Russia for the finals: if they repeat yesterday's match they can kick the ass of both Spain or Italy...

one word: Mutu
with a full respect to Buffon, who´s with no doubts the best goalie in the world actually, you know, that no one can catch the penalty...the shooter can only score or throw it up...Mutu threw it up...

Don´t get me wrong please, I´m often in Italy and got a lot of friends there...
But think this year´s Italian team is only a shadow of the team from 2006...
But let´s see today evening, maybe I´m wrong...

one word: Mutu
with a full respect to Buffon, who´s with no doubts the best goalie in the world actually, you know, that no one can catch the penalty...the shooter can only score or throw it up...Mutu threw it up...

Don´t get me wrong please, I´m often in Italy and got a lot of friends there...
But think this year´s Italian team is only a shadow of the team from 2006...
But let´s see today evening, maybe I´m wrong...

Mutu failed a penalty: so what???
He can only blame himself, why Italy should be 'lucky' if Mutu made a mistake?
Was Rumania lucky because Italy failed at least two goals that were more difficult to fail than to make? I don't think so, I think Italian forwards sucked.

In the same match toni scored a valid goal, nullified by a referee's mistake: wasn't that a worse luck than having a penalty neutralized? Toni can't even blame himself for that.

In 1982, final match Germany-Italy, Cabrini (who btw was a much better player than Mutu) failed a penalty on 0-0, but that did not prevent Italy to win 3-1, because IN THAT MATCH Italy was the better team. Was Germany lucky?

You guys can legitimately party against Italy, that's perfectly fair and it is in the rules, but don't distort the facts.

Anyway, in two hours it will be over, now it's time to shut down the pc and start to suffer...

parmigiano when i said they were lucky i meant they were not playing well and never got finished off when other teams might have taken advantage.
i think if toni put half of the chances he's had in the net italy would be talked about as favourites

parmigiano when i said they were lucky i meant they were not playing well and never got finished off when other teams might have taken advantage.
Same could be said about the Germans. However this is a feat that distinguishes good teams from the best. Good teams will play well, but eventually loose (like the Dutch). Top teams can play bad, loose a couple of times but eventually win the tournament (see Brazil, Germany, Italy).

You guys can legitimately party against Italy, that's perfectly fair and it is in the rules, but don't distort the facts.

Don't take it so personal.

I think what he means by lucky is that they qualified at all. You have to admit that Italy has a habit of not being the better team and still winning...

Congratulations Spain!

I actually thought both teams did not give there all and was not impressed with the game.

To be honest, I was hoping that Italy was going to win. I really wanted to meet them in the Finals.

Chess match, both teams were fearing the other, Spain was stronger, Italy did what they could do.

No quality in midfield without Pirlo (out one match for 2 yellow cards), no value added from Toni who was his own shadow this June.

Good defense and a couple of goal opportunities: too little to aim farther than 0-0 and penalty lottery.

Spain did better, attacked more but was not able to find the KO punch, but it's fair that they passed to semifinals

Spain-Italy was total garbage.

But the Spanish won so hurrah.

Russia-Spain is going to be a great game.
Germany-Turkey will probably either be penalties in a dire game or 10-zip to the Jerries.

Germany in the final...against...hmmm....errr....hmmm...Russia!

Biggest thing was the ref SUCKED especially in the 1st half...The game was so so,looked liked Italy was holding on until they could go for the penalty kicks. If you look at the numbers Spain took it to Italy but I don't think it was really a good game...Way too many whimpy dives by both teams. I'm thinking Germany->Russia...

Chess match, both teams were fearing the other, Spain was stronger, Italy did what they could do.

No quality in midfield without Pirlo (out one match for 2 yellow cards), no value added from Toni who was his own shadow this June.

Good defense and a couple of goal opportunities: too little to aim farther than 0-0 and penalty lottery.

Spain did better, attacked more but was not able to find the KO punch, but it's fair that they passed to semifinals

Yes, Italy was missing Pirlo yesterday, both during the game and during penalties.
Still don´t understand why Donadoni let go Di Natale for the penalties...all the stadium was against him after his unfair teather... and he failed...I´m curious what the people in Italy think about this decision and what did they say about it on TV?
Semifinal Russia vs Spain and Turkey vs Germany...who would say it before the tournament...

Hi guys!
Congrats to the German team!
They won the game, because they played to win!

To Adler, Cristiano Ronaldo usualy doesn´t fake a foul so easely has Ballack or Metzelder, they were the worst actors i´ve seen in the field!:evil:
Cristiano in fact sustained a injury in the foot and is going for surgery, estimating to stop for 3 months.

Now has i told in the beginning i´m going to cheer for Germany:wav:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back