Ultimate P-51 detailing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That was phenomenal, if I do say.

But, I'm with you Lucky. Sometimes the build takes on more importance than the end result. 1200+ hours? That's what... 30 solid weeks, 8 hours a day? That's half a year of friggin' work?

At some point in time you reach a point of diminishing return. I think I'll stick with my crappy builds and enjoy a more diverse set of models in my limited lifetime. Maybe that guy's immortal. I'm not.

You know, I was thinking along similar lines Matt. Although it's a superb model, it's a hell of a lot of time for one replica, where a lot of the work done can't be seen. I also noticed, and I'm not being critical of the chap's excellent work, that some of the fantastic scratch-building was ever so slightly let down by the paint finish. More so on the internals, and the overall exterior, whilst being exceptionally good, doesn't really capture bare metal effect. I accept tough, that 'bare metal' doesn't always show up well in photos, and in 'real life', the model might look fantastic.
Still a bl**dy good model though!

That is truely amazing, now to be realistic. 75% of all that work goes hidden inside the fuselage and whatnot, I understand his passion but not his drive. I would rather work 1200 hours labor then buy many kits and after market parts / supplies and have all of that fun instead of two "godly" models. Thats just me though

I'm with you guys. Truly amazing. I'm using it to answer some questions I have on my 1/32 BBDoll I'm currently doing but please don't compare! I can't begin to fathom the time required. Way more than my if I'm lucky couple of hours a week. inspiring all the same. And shooter I hear you with the fine line thing. I feel completely un obsessed now!

Stunning, just stunning... but if it was worth all the time involved ???

For me it is worth if there is no good model of that particulary plane on the market, but if there is, it is a weist of life. That my opinion. Remindig you that I am a modeler myself and love makeing models.

Users who are viewing this thread