Unofficial AFV GB?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
OK, so unless there are any changes to it, here it is:

GROUP BUILD – Proposed 2009 – 2010 Schedule

Jan FEB MAR APR MAY Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
----1---------------------- Defence of the Reich

Jan Feb Mar APR MAY JUN Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
-----2--------------- Pacific Theatre of Operations

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun JUL AUG SEP Oct Nov Dec
-----3-------------- Mediterranean / North Africa Theatres

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep OCT NOV DEC
-----4-------------- Heavyweights (Bombers/Tank Busters/Anti-Shipping)

JAN FEB MAR Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
-----5-------------- Cold War Protagonists '49- '89 ***SPLIT BUILD*** ARMOR Battle of Kursk, July 1943.

Jan Feb Mar APR MAY JUN Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
-----6--------------- D-Day/Invasion Stripes June 6th

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun JUL AUG SEP OCT Nov Dec
-----7-------------------- Battle of Britain October 31st

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep OCT NOV DEC
-----8-------------- Commonwealth / VVS Forces ***SPLIT BUILD*** ARMOR Stalingrad till Kursk

Well, as you can see, there's a while before an AFV GB is up and running and I for one am gagging to build a tank. Anyone else up for a wee on the side unofficial WWII tank GB?

I've got some PzKfw IV's to finish, along with some other bits and pieces, for a (huge) diorama, plus the finishing touches to a Panther for a small diorama. But, when I'll be able to get around to it is another thing!
I might be able to throw in something eventually, but my house needs re-organising in order to place all the models and dioramas first!!

I'm building a M41 Bulldog right now and having great fun! I have a Panzer IV in the stash and a couple of half-tracks, I'm up for it! :)

Ok Jan here is the Tiger I Early version, 1/48, got this far and stopped!?

Attachments

• Tiger I Early_4052.JPG
    Tiger I Early_4052.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Tiger I Early_4054.JPG
    Tiger I Early_4054.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Tiger I Early_4055.JPG
    Tiger I Early_4055.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 104
Looking great Wayne! Question though, is it easier build everything in one go and paint camouflage after, with wheels and everything on? What do you do?

Looking great Wayne! Question though, is it easier build everything in one go and paint camouflage after, with wheels and everything on? What do you do?

Each of the tanks i have done I have built the main kit with most of the bits'n'pieces attached, but left off the wheels and tracks, did these separately.

...and here's my late version Tiger I...

Attachments

• Tiger I Late_4072.JPG
    Tiger I Late_4072.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Tiger I Late_4075.JPG
    Tiger I Late_4075.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 63
  • Tiger I Late_4077.JPG
    Tiger I Late_4077.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 65
Any German 1/35 armour in my LHS is twice the price of any other stuff. They have a Dragon Sd.Kfz.234/4 and its €56!

I have to say that Dragon armour and military figures kits are excellent, but at a price. A few years ago, I built a couple of their tanks, and although they were very good indeed, I couldn't quite figure out how they cost twice as much as the Tamiya circa 1969 kit of the same type, which was almost as good - maybe losing 5% to the Dragon kit.

Thought that I'd get a Sherman to get back into the AFV business again. Problem is that I'm kinda stuck between the M4A3E8, Sherman Firefly and the M4A3E2 "Jumbo" with the long 76mm gun...does anyone do this one in 1/35?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back