Well chuffed today

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Readie

Chief Master Sergeant
Apr 15, 2011
Plymouth, England
I managed to win the auctions on 2 houses that need restoration today.
One is not too bad...
The other one weeeeeel, I may have bitten off a bit more than I can chew. We'll see.
Good to be busy again.:D
Cheers
John

'Not in Swilly I trust.

Maybe I should sell you mine'.

Most of North Prospect aka Swilly is getting 'redeveloped'. Whether this actually improves the area is another matter of course !!

I prefer St Judes / Princerock / Peverell / Plympton for my projects.

'St. Judes is good. That's where my place is, across from the Co-op.'

Nice big solid houses. I love the tardis effect of the terace house. I've renovated a flat in Princerock recently, same sort of housing stock, just a bit rougher area.

'other than that, I can help! I know how to swing a hammer.'

Excellent...but, I wont say 'when I nod my head hit it' :)

Just watch out for bomb damage John.

St. Judes and Prince Rock received all the 'shorts' from the bombing that removed the city centre as the Luftwaffe came in from the East to avoid the Naval AA fire. It all sits on shale type mudstones and the bombs split the layers shifting the foundations and water penetrating the splits is shifting the foundations these days. Thats where the spring in my cellar came from. Fortunately my foundations are incredibly thick so no structural problems.

Thank you John, that's good advice.
The wifes folks lived in st Leonards Rd, Princerock and 'settlement' in the annex was an issue. There was no cellar but, something had shifted...
Amhurst Road. Milehouse is another potential area, lovely houses but, the ones that got hit were not as well rebuilt as originally and as the years pass its harder to tell original ( with all the features) from 1960's 'modernised' ( ie ruined) from post war rebuilds.
Now...where's my bomb map of Plymouth gone?....

'St. Judes is good. That's where my place is, across from the Co-op...'

What a small world, I park my car in either Craven or Maybank when I go into town. The last free parking in Plymouth it seems !!
I do like your area of St Judes, its just about out of the student lets.

What a small world, I park my car in either Craven or Maybank when I go into town. The last free parking in Plymouth it seems !!

Stop taking our parking spaces m'lover!

Actually, these days I can park a dozen on my land and put four into the grange. It does take 6 hours driving and 12 hours on a boat to drive the car into Plymouth city centre though...........

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back